Excel TRIM Function
The Excel TRIM function removes all extra spaces from text string and only keeps single spaces between words.
Text (Required): The text you want to remove extra spaces from.
The text with extra spaces removed
- The TRIM function can only remove the 7-bit ASCII space character (value 32) from text;
- The TRIM function can’t remove the non-breaking space character (value 160) which is commonly used in Web pages as the HTML entity;
Example 1: Remove extra spaces from text and only keep single spaces between words
If you want to remove spaces such as leading, trailing and extra spaces from a cell, please do as follows.
Select a blank cell, copy the below formula into it to get the result. Keep selecting the result cell, drag the Fill Handle to apply the formula to other cells.
Example 2: Remove extra spaces and line breaks from text
The TRIM function can’t remove the non-breaking space character from cell. If you want to remove both the extra spaces and line breaks from text at the same time. Please apply the below formula.
Select a blank cell, copy the below formula into it to get the result. You can see extra spaces and non-breaking character are removed at once.
Excel SUBSTITUTE function
The Excel SUBSTITUTE function replaces text or characters within a text string with another text or characters..
Excel TEXTJOIN Function
The Excel TEXTJOIN function joins multiple values from a row, column or a range of cells with specific delimiter.
Excel TEXT Function
The TEXT function converts a value to text with a specified format in Excel.
Excel UPPER Function
The Excel UPPER function converts all letters of a given text to uppercase.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.