Edit message header – To, Cc, and Bcc recipients
This tutorial introduces three solutions to add recipients in the To, Cc, and Bcc lines when composing an email in Outlook.
- Type email addresses of recipients directly
- Add recipients from auto-complete list
- Add recipients from address books
Note: Methods introduced on this page apply to Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And the instructions may vary significantly or slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook and the Windows environments.
You can manually type the email addresses of recipients in the To, Cc, or Bcc fields as you need, and separate these recipients with semicolons.
If you have enabled the Use Auto-Complete List option in Outlook, it will pop out the auto-complete list based on the characters you typed in the To, Cc, or Bcc fields. And you can pick up proper recipients from the auto-complete list directly.
Tips: The Use Auto-Complete List option is enabled by default in Outlook. If the auto-complete list option is disabled, you can enable as follows:
(1) Click File > Options;
(2) In the Outlook Options dialog, click Mail in the left bar, check the Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing in the To, Cc, and Bcc lines option in the Send messages section;
(3) Click the OK button.
You can also add recipients from existing address books in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Click the To, Cc, or Bcc button to open the Select Names dialog.
2. In the Select Names dialog, please choose a certain address book from the Address Book drop-down list, select one or multiple contacts (or contact groups) as you need, and then click the To, Cc, or Bcc buttons to add selected contacts as corresponding recipients.
3. Click the OK button.
Tips: If you add a contact group as recipients, you can click before the contact group to expand the group in the To, Cc, or Bcc field.
1. In the mail view, click Home > New Email or press Ctrl + N keys to create a new email and open the message composing window.
2. If you cannot find out the Bcc line the message composing window, you can add the Bcc line by clicking Options > Bcc.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.