Change case of selected text in message body
When composing, replying, or forwarding an email in Outlook, you can quickly change the selected text to uppercase, lowercase, or other style of capitalizations as you need.
- Change case of selected text in message body with Change Case feature
- Change selected text to UPPERCASE with Font dialog
Note: Methods introduced on this page apply to Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And the instructions may vary significantly or slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook and the Windows environments.
You can easily change the case of the selected text in the message body with the Change Case feature as follows:
1. In the message body, select the text that you will change to uppercase, lowercase, or other style of capitalizations.
2. Go to the Font group on the Format Text tab, click the Change Case button , and then select one style of capitalizations.
- Sentence case: Capitalize only the first Word and any proper nouns in each sentence.
- lowercase: Change all letters in the selected text to lowercase;
- UPPERCASE: Change all letters in the selected text to uppercase;
- Capitalize Each Word: Capitalize every word in the selected text.
- tOGGLE cASE: Reverse the capitalizations of all letters in the selected text, change the uppercase to lowercase, and change lowercase to uppercase.
Then the case of the selected text changes as you specified.
In the message editing window in Outlook, you can also change the selected text in the message body to uppercase with the Font dialog.
1. In the message body, select the text you will change to uppercase.
2. Click the anchor at the bottom-right corner of the Font group on the Format Text tab to open the Font dialog.
Tips: You can also press Ctrl + D keys to open the Font dialog.
3. In Font dialog, enable the Font tab, tick the Small caps or All caps options as you need, and click the OK button.
If you tick the Small caps option in the Font dialog, all letters in the selected text will be changed to uppercase, and the first letter in each sentence will be bigger then others. See screenshot:
If you tick the All caps option in the Font dialog, all letters in the selected text will be change to uppercase in the same font size. See screenshot:
1. You can press Ctrl + Z keys or click the Undo button in the quick access toolbar to clear the case formatting you set just now.
2. If you want to clear the case formatting you set long time ago, you can select the text with special capitalizations, and click Format Text > Change Case > Sentence case.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.