How to make case-sensitive search in Outlook?
For example you type the keyword of IMAGES into the Instant Search box in Outlook, it will find out all emails containing images, Images, IMAGES, etc. By default, the Instant Search feature does not support case sensitive search. But now, you need to find out emails exactly case matching the keywords in Outlook, how? Try below workarounds:
With Kutools for Outlook, you can quickly search all email messages by selected email's sender with the (Search by) Sender feature, or search all email messages by selected email's sender domain with the (Search by) Sender Domain feature. See screenshot:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
For making a case-sensitive search in a specified email in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Shift to the Mail view, open the mail folder containing the specified email, and then double click the specified email to open it.
2. In the opening Email Message window, please click Message > Find (or press the F4 key).
3. In the popping up Find and Replace dialog box, please click the More button to expand the search options.
4. Now please specify the search criteria as below screenshot shown:
(1) Type the keywords you will search in the opening email into the Find what box;
(2) Check the Match Case option in the Search Options section;
(3) Click Reading Highlight > Highlight All.
5. Now all text strings which match the specified keywords case sensitive are found and highlighted in the message body. See screenshot:
Please close the Find and Replace dialog box as you need.
For searching keywords case sensitive in all emails of a certain mail folder in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Shift to the Mail view, and open the specified mail folder where you will make case-sensitive search.
2. Press Ctrl + Shift + F keys simultaneously to open the Advanced Find dialog box. Go to the Messages tab, type the keywords you will search in the Search for the word(s) box, and specify the search scope from the In drop down list. See screenshot:
3. Go on to check the Match Case option on the More Choices tab, and click the Find Now button.
And now all emails containing the text strings which match the specified keywords case sensitive are found and listed at the bottom of Advanced Find dialog box. See screenshot:
Please close the Advanced Find dialog box as you need.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.