How to make case-sensitive search in Outlook?
For example you type the keyword of IMAGES into the Instant Search box in Outlook, it will find out all emails containing images, Images, IMAGES, etc. By default, the Instant Search feature does not support case sensitive search. But now, you need to find out emails exactly case matching the keywords in Outlook, how? Try below workarounds:
With Kutools for Outlook, you can quickly search all email messages by selected email's sender with the (Search by) Sender feature, or search all email messages by selected email's sender domain with the (Search by) Sender Domain feature. See screenshot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
For making a case-sensitive search in a specified email in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Shift to the Mail view, open the mail folder containing the specified email, and then double click the specified email to open it.
2. In the opening Email Message window, please click Message > Find (or press the F4 key).
3. In the popping up Find and Replace dialog box, please click the More button to expand the search options.
4. Now please specify the search criteria as below screenshot shown:
(1) Type the keywords you will search in the opening email into the Find what box;
(2) Check the Match Case option in the Search Options section;
(3) Click Reading Highlight > Highlight All.
5. Now all text strings which match the specified keywords case sensitive are found and highlighted in the message body. See screenshot:
Please close the Find and Replace dialog box as you need.
For searching keywords case sensitive in all emails of a certain mail folder in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Shift to the Mail view, and open the specified mail folder where you will make case-sensitive search.
2. Press Ctrl + Shift + F keys simultaneously to open the Advanced Find dialog box. Go to the Messages tab, type the keywords you will search in the Search for the word(s) box, and specify the search scope from the In drop down list. See screenshot:
3. Go on to check the Match Case option on the More Choices tab, and click the Find Now button.
And now all emails containing the text strings which match the specified keywords case sensitive are found and listed at the bottom of Advanced Find dialog box. See screenshot:
Please close the Advanced Find dialog box as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.