Temporarily back up or save document and restore document in Word
Kutools for Word
Kutools for Word’s Snapshot utility provides you with the easy operations to temporarily back up or save a copy of document and restore document in Word at any time. With the Take Document Snapshot utility, a snapshot of the document is a temporary backup of the document. You can take a snapshot of document at any time and restore the document to any status (snapshot) quickly.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Click Kutools > Snapshot > Take Document Snapshot.
1. During your editing process in Word, if you backup or take a snapshot of current document, Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Snapshot > Take Document Snapshot. See screenshot:
2. If this is the first time you use this utility, after clicking Take Document Snapshot, there will pop up a dialog to remind you about the snapshot. If you don’t want to pop up this window in next time, please check the Don’t show this warning message again option, and then click OK.
3. Now, the document snapshot taking is completed. You can see the screenshots (backups) status as shown in the below screenshots. The left screenshot reveals that Kutools for Word just took one snapshot (backup) of the document, but the right one took three snapshots (That depends on your operation).
4. If you want to restore to any backups or snapshots, please click on the specific snapshot.
Notice: All snapshots or backups of the document will be deleted after current Microsoft Word application process close.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...