How to print areas, selection, and entire workbook in Excel quickly?
This article is going to introduce ways to print areas, print selections, and print entire workbooks in Excel.
Sometimes you may not want to print the entire worksheet, but only several areas. You can do it with following steps:
1. Select the area that you will print, and click the Page Layout > Print Area > Set Print Area.
2. This is optional. If you want to add another print area, you need to select this area, and then click the Page Layout > Print Area > Add to Print Area.
3. Click the File (or Office button) > Print to print these print areas.
(1) Each print area will be printed in a separate page.
(2) This method can simultaneously print multiple print areas from the same worksheet only.
Normally Microsoft Excel prints the whole active worksheet. But you may want to print the selection in active worksheet only, or print the entire workbook. This way is about printing selection or entire workbook in Excel.
1. Select the range that you will print later, and click the File (or Office button) > Print.
Note: This step is not necessary if you will print entire workbook.
2. Go to the Settings section, click the Print Active Sheets button, and select the Print Selection or Print Entire Workbook from the drop down list. See screenshot:
3. Click the Print button to print the selection or entire workbook immediately.
(1) For printing selections, this method can only print one selection from active worksheet at a time.
(2) If you are using Excel 2007, you need to click Office button > Print, and then check Entire Workbook option or Selection option in the popping dialog box. See screenshots:
Kutools for Excel's Print Multiple Selection Wizard can help you easily print multiple ranges from many worksheets into one page without page breaks.
1. Click Enterprise > Printing > Print Multiple Selection Wizard. See screenshot:
2. In the Print Multiple Selection Wizard dialog box, click Add button to add ranges for printing.
(1) If you need to print multiple ranges from the same worksheet, you can add them to the Range to print list at a time by holding the Ctrl key and selecting them.
(2) You can click the Remove button to delete selections from the Ranges to print list.
3. Click the Finish button. And then all selections have been copied and pasted as linked pictures into a new worksheet.
4. Click the File (or Office button) > Print to print these selections in one page.
Print Multiple Selections Wizard can help Excel users easily print multiple selections (or print areas) of same worksheet on one page, and print multiple selections from different sheets one one page too.
Kutools for Excel also provides an Print Current Page utility to quickly print the active page that the active cell is located at with only one click in Excel.
Just click a cell in worksheet, and then click Enterprise > Print Current Page.
And then the current page is printed, and at the same time a dialog box will pop out and tell you which page is printed. See screenshot above:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!