How to print multiple workbooks in Excel?
Sometimes you may need to print multiple workbooks. To print multiple workbooks one after another, it will be tedious. How about making settings of print multiple workbooks once to bath print multiple workbooks? This article will guide you to entirely print multiple workbooks at one time. No matter the workbooks are in the same directory or multiple directories.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
If you have multiple workbooks which contain many worksheets, but you just need to print the active worksheet of each workbooks, you can solve this problem with following steps:
1. Put the workbooks that you want to print into one folder, and make sure the workbooks are opened, then activate the worksheets you want to print of the workbooks.
2. Go to the folder contains the workbooks you want to print, select all of the workbooks, and right click, choose Print from the context menu, see screenshot:
And then all of the active worksheets within the opened workbooks are printed.
1. All workbook files that you want to print must be in the same folder.
2. This way won't print entire workbooks. It can only print the active worksheets of each workbook.
If you want to print all worksheets of multiple workbooks, the above method will not work, but the following short VBA code can help you quickly print them.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
Dim wb As Workbook, sht As Object
For Each wb In Excel.Workbooks
For Each sht In wb.Sheets
3. Then press F5 key to run the code, and all of the worksheets within the workbooks will be printed.
If you want to print the specified worksheets in the selected workbooks from a folder or multiple folders, the above methods are not effective for you. But Kutools for Excel can do it! Kutools for Excel's Print Multiple Workbooks Wizard tool can completely print all or specific workbooks no matter they are staying in one folder or different folders.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Click Enterprise > Printing Tools > Print Multiple Workbooks Wizard. See screenshot:
2. On the step1of the Print Multiple Workbooks Wizard, select the type of files to be printed, if you select All of the files to be printed are in the same directory, on step 2 of the wizard, click Browse button to choose the folder which contains the workbooks you want to print, then choose the type of files, you can print xls files, csv, txt, prn files or both, you can specify the other file format from File specification you need as well.
If you select The files to be printed are in multiple directories, on step 2 of the wizard, click Add Files button to add the workbooks in different directories.
3. On step 3 of the wizard, select the printing sheet type, there are several print types you can use:
- • Print entire workbooks completely
- • Print worksheets only
- • Print Chart sheets only
- • Print worksheets and Chart sheets together
- • Print the specific worksheets, check the worksheets you want to print from the right workbook list.
4. Click Next button, on step 4 of the wizard, and specify the printing settings as your need:
- Options: Quiet Mode: It will not open the files that is going to be printed.
- Generate a summary report: It will generate a report which includes the information of the files to be printed and also lists the errors that occurred.
- Disable Auto macros: The auto macros will not be executed in the open workbooks.
- Password: Prompt for passwords: It will prompt a dialog box for you to enter the password for printing the files that reuqires a password to open.
- Use this password: Please enter the password to print the files that requires a password to open.
- Links & remote references: It will update the links and remote references when each file is opened.
5. Click Finish button to start printing, It will completely print one workbook after another.
If you want to know more detail information about this feature, please click Print Multiple Workbooks Wizard.
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoFor the VBA code method, is there a way to add code to select which printer to print to? IE: if I want them to print to PDF rather than the default paper printer?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThanks for useful article.