How to only copy comments from cells to another in Excel?
When you want to only copy comments from a range of cells to another range of cells, you can quickly do that by the following tricks.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
1. Select the cells you want to copy the comments;
2. Right click and select Copy;
3. Select a cell of the paste range, and right click to select Paste Special;
4. In the Paste Special dialog box, check Comments, and click OK. See screenshot:
And then only the comments in the selected range have been pasted into the cells.
Tip: Do not press ENTER after you click OK. If you do, the entire cells within the values are copied to the paste range
1. Hold ALT button and press F11 on the keyboard to open a Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and copy the VBA into the module.
VBA: Copy comments from cells only
Sub CopyComments() 'Update 20130815 Dim CopyRng As Range, PasteRng As Range xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set CopyRng = Application.Selection Set CopyRng = Application.InputBox("Ranges to be copied :", xTitleId, CopyRng.Address, Type:=8) Set PasteRng = Application.InputBox("Paste to (single cell):", xTitleId, Type:=8) CopyRng.Copy PasteRng.Parent.Activate PasteRng.PasteSpecial xlPasteComments Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub
3. Click Run button or press F5 to run the VBA. And a dialog is displayed on the screen, and you can select the cells you want to copy the comments. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok and another dialog is displayed for you to select a cell or range to paste the result. See screenshot:
6. Click Ok, then only the cells' comments are pasted into the selected cell. See screenshot:
Kutools for Excel' Copy Ranges function is a good choice for you to only copy and paste the comments.
Please apply Copy Ranges function by clicking Kutools > Copy Ranges. See screenshot:
1. Select the cells you want to only copy the comments.
2. Click Kutools > Copy Ranges, a dialog is displayed on the screen, check Comments in the dialog, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK. Another dialog is displayed for you to select a cell or range to paste the result. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok, and only the comments is paste in the selected cell. See screenshot:
Note: You can also copy cells' comments and paste them into another worksheet.
With Kutools for Excel' Copy Ranges, you can only copy values, formulas as well.
- Copy formula without changing its cell references
- Copy numbers without formulas in cells
- Copy values and formattings in cells
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoThank you!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoAlways good to be reminded of the obvious (which is often forgotten), Paste Special. Many thanks! -- DDS Vancouver WA
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoOriginal Content
How to be more efficiency and save time when using Excel?
How to be more efficient and save time when using Excel?