How to make the worksheet very hidden and visible in Excel?
It is easy for you to hide and unhide worksheets in Excel, but sometimes, you need to hide the worksheets but not unhide by others using the normal Unhide feature. In this case, a higher level worksheet hiding - very hidden can help you make the worksheets very hidden and not be displayed by others easily. But how could you make the worksheet very hidden and visible in Excel?
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Excel supports this Very Hidden function to help you hide the worksheets but not unhide them with normal way easily, please do as follows:
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. And click View > Project Explorer, and then click View > Properties Window to display the Project Explorer and Properties window, see screenshots:
3. Then select the sheet name that you want to very hidden from the Project Explorer, and choose 2-xlSheetVeryHidden under the Visible drop down list from the Properties window, see screenshot:
Then your specified worksheet is very hidden at once, and others will not display the sheet by using Unhide function of Excel. If you want to make other sheets very hidden, repeat the step3.
Note: If you want to display the very hidden worksheets, you just need to click the very hidden sheet from the Project Explorer, and choose -1-xlSheetVisible under the Visible drop down list from the Properties window.
The above method may not common for us to use, and here, I can talk about a handy tool- Kutools for Excel, with its Hide/Unhide Workbooks and Sheets feature, you can make the worksheet very hidden with one click.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, please do as the following steps:
1. Open the workbook and click Kutools > Show / Hide > Hide/Unhide Workbooks and Sheets, see screenshot:
2. In the Hide/Unhide Workbooks and Sheets dialog box, select the sheet that you want to very hidden, and click Visible to choose VeryHidden from the drop down list, see screenshot:
3. And the selected worksheets will be very hidden immediately, see screenshot:
4. After making the worksheets very hidden, click Close button to close the dialog box.
Note: If you need to display the very hidden worksheets, you just need to choose Visible in the Hide/Unhide Workbooks and Sheets dialog box.