How to quickly Hide Excel Workbooks in Excel?
When there are multiple workbooks open in Excel and you do not want to see some of the open workbooks, you can hide them. But how can we hide workbooks easily in Excel? This article discusses about the ways to hide workbooks in Excel.
- Hide workbooks one by one in Excel
- Hide workbooks by using VBA
- Hide workbooks in one click with Kutools for Excel
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If there are a few workbooks you need to hide, then hiding them one by one in Excel is simple.
On View tab, click on Hide button in the Windows group, then you may see the workbook has been hide. See screenshot
Tip: If you want to hide hundreds of workbooks, I suggest that you choose next two methods to make this time-consuming work simpler.
If you are a skilled and professional user, you can hide workbooks by using VBA code as following:
Application.Visible = False
Note: However, you must make sure that you restore visibility when the form closes. Be aware if Excel crashes your user may be left with an invisible instance of Excel running.
Suppose you have multiple workbooks to hide but with less knowledge about VBA, the fast way is to use an available tool to get it done. With the Interactive Hide/Unhide utility of Kutools for Excel, you can hide and unhide workbooks freely and flexibly.
After installing Kutools for Excel, you can apply Hide /Unhide Workbooks and Sheets to quickly hide all workbooks at once.
Step 1. Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Show / Hide > Hide / Unhide Workbooks and Sheets. See screenshot:
Step 2: The Hide / Unhide Workbooks and Sheets dialog box pops up, and you can flexibly hide or unhide workbooks and worksheets.
The dialog box is divided into two panes, and you can hide /unhide workbooks in the left pane. The workbooks are checked by default. When removing the checkmark in front of them, that the workbooks are successfully hided. To display the workbooks again is also simple; you just need to place the checkmark at any of them.
Moreover, you can also hide or unhide worksheets with this tool. In the right pane of the dialog box, you can check or uncheck to unhide/hide any of the multiple worksheets. See screenshot:
1. The Hide All and Unhide All button make the process faster;
2. You cannot hide all worksheets in a workbook, but you can choose to hide the entire workbook.
For more detailed information on Hide / Unhide Workbooks and Sheets, please go to Hide / Unhide Workbooks and Sheets.