How to check the size of each worksheet of workbook?
Supposing you have a large workbook which contains multiple worksheets, and now, you want to find out the size of each worksheet to determine which sheet need to be reduced. Are there any quick methods to deal with this task?
With the following VBA code, you can quickly get the size of each worksheet in your workbook. Please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Check the size of each worksheet in a workbook< /p>
Sub WorksheetSizes() 'Update 20140526 Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim Rng As Range Dim xOutWs As Worksheet Dim xOutFile As String Dim xOutName As String xOutName = "KutoolsforExcel" xOutFile = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\TempWb.xls" On Error Resume Next Application.DisplayAlerts = False Err = 0 Set xOutWs = Application.Worksheets(xOutName) If Err = 0 Then xOutWs.Delete Err = 0 End If With Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Add(Before:=Application.Worksheets(1)) .Name = xOutName .Range("A1").Resize(1, 2).Value = Array("Worksheet Name", "Size") End With Set xOutWs = Application.Worksheets(xOutName) Application.ScreenUpdating = False xIndex = 1 For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets If xWs.Name <> xOutName Then xWs.Copy Application.ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs xOutFile Application.ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False Set Rng = xOutWs.Range("A1").Offset(xIndex, 0) Rng.Resize(1, 2).Value = Array(xWs.Name, VBA.FileLen(xOutFile)) Kill xOutFile xIndex = xIndex + 1 End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True Application.Application.DisplayAlerts = True End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to execute this code, and a new worksheet named KutoolsforExcel will be inserted into the current workbook which contains each worksheet name and file size, and the unit is Bit. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Split Workbook utility, you can split the whole workbook into separate files, and then go to the specific folder to check the size of each file.
After installing Kutools for Excel, do with following steps:
1. Open the workbook you want to check the size of its each worksheet, and click Enterprise > Workbook Tools > Split Workbook, see screenshot:
2. In the Split Workbook dialog, check all the worksheets and click Split button, and then specify a folder to put the new workbook files. See screenshots:
3. And then each worksheet of your current workbook will be saved as separated Excel file, you can go to your specific folder to check the size of each workbook.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!