How to reverse the order of worksheet tabs?
If you have a lot of worksheets in your workbook, have you ever tried to reverse the order of all the worksheets at once as the following screenshot shown? Today, I can introduce you some quick tricks to deal with this task.
If you are familiar with VBA code, the following code can do you a favor, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Reverse the order of the worksheets
Sub ReverseSheets() 'Update 20140526 Dim xCount As Integer xCount = Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count For i = 1 To xCount - 1 Application.Worksheets(1).Move After:=Application.Worksheets(xCount - i + 1) Next End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and the order of all worksheet tabs will be reversed immediately.
Tip: Press the F5 key again, all worksheet will be ordered with the original order.
May be the above code is some hard for you to apply, here is a handy tool-Kutools for Excel, with its Sort Sheets feature, you can reverse the worksheet tabs order quickly and conveniently.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do with the following steps:
1. Click Enterprise > Worksheet Tools > Sort Sheets, see screenshot:
2. And then in the Sort Sheets dialog box, you just need to click the Reverse button at the right down corner of the dialog, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK button, and all the sheet tabs within the active workbook have been reversed as you need. See screenshots:
Tip: With Kutools for Excel's Sort Sheets feature, you also can sort tabs by color, alpha and so on.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!