How to reverse the order of worksheet tabs?
If you have a lot of worksheets in your workbook, have you ever tried to reverse the order of all the worksheets at once as the following screenshot shown? Today, I can introduce you some quick tricks to deal with this task.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If you are familiar with VBA code, the following code can do you a favor, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Reverse the order of the worksheets
Sub ReverseSheets() 'Update 20140526 Dim xCount As Integer xCount = Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count For i = 1 To xCount - 1 Application.Worksheets(1).Move After:=Application.Worksheets(xCount - i + 1) Next End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and the order of all worksheet tabs will be reversed immediately.
Tip: Press the F5 key again, all worksheet will be ordered with the original order.
May be the above code is some hard for you to apply, here is a handy tool-Kutools for Excel, with its Sort Sheets feature, you can reverse the worksheet tabs order quickly and conveniently.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do with the following steps:
1. Click Enterprise > Worksheet Tools > Sort Sheets, see screenshot:
2. And then in the Sort Sheets dialog box, you just need to click the Reverse button at the right down corner of the dialog, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK button, and all the sheet tabs within the active workbook have been reversed as you need. See screenshots:
Tip: With Kutools for Excel's Sort Sheets feature, you also can sort tabs by color, alpha and so on.