How to reverse the order of worksheet tabs?
If you have a lot of worksheets in your workbook, have you ever tried to reverse the order of all the worksheets at once as the following screenshot shown? Today, I can introduce you some quick tricks to deal with this task.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
If you are familiar with VBA code, the following code can do you a favor, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Reverse the order of the worksheets
Sub ReverseSheets() 'Update 20140526 Dim xCount As Integer xCount = Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count For i = 1 To xCount - 1 Application.Worksheets(1).Move After:=Application.Worksheets(xCount - i + 1) Next End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and the order of all worksheet tabs will be reversed immediately.
Tip: Press the F5 key again, all worksheet will be ordered with the original order.
May be the above code is some hard for you to apply, here is a handy tool-Kutools for Excel, with its Sort Sheets feature, you can reverse the worksheet tabs order quickly and conveniently.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do with the following steps:
1. Click Enterprise > Worksheet Tools > Sort Sheets, see screenshot:
2. And then in the Sort Sheets dialog box, you just need to click the Reverse button at the right down corner of the dialog, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK button, and all the sheet tabs within the active workbook have been reversed as you need. See screenshots:
Tip: With Kutools for Excel's Sort Sheets feature, you also can sort tabs by color, alpha and so on.