How to find and replace multiple values at once in Excel?
As we all known, we can use Find and Replace function to find multiple same cell and replace them with a value as you need. But sometimes, you need to apply many-to-many replacement simultaneously. For example, I have a range of data, and now I want to replace all Apples to Red Apples, Oranges to Green Oranges, Bananas to Yellow Bananas and so on as following screenshots shown, do you have any good ideas to solve this task in Excel?
Kutools for Excel’s Find and Replace feature can help you to find and replace the values from opened workbooks or specific worksheets you need.
If you are tired of find and replace the values time and time again, the following VBA code can help you to replace multiple values with your needed texts at once.
1. Please create your conditions that you want to use which contain the original values and new values. See screenshot:
2. Then hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module window.
VBA code: Find and replace multiple values at once
Sub MultiFindNReplace() 'Update 20140722 Dim Rng As Range Dim InputRng As Range, ReplaceRng As Range xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set InputRng = Application.Selection Set InputRng = Application.InputBox("Original Range ", xTitleId, InputRng.Address, Type:=8) Set ReplaceRng = Application.InputBox("Replace Range :", xTitleId, Type:=8) Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each Rng In ReplaceRng.Columns(1).Cells InputRng.Replace what:=Rng.Value, replacement:=Rng.Offset(0, 1).Value Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
4. Then press F5 key to run this code, in the popped out prompt box, please specify the data range that you want to be replaced the values with new values.
5. Click OK, and another prompt box is displayed to remind you select the criteria which you are created in step 1. See screenshot:
6. Then click OK, all the specific values have been replaced with the new values as you need immediately.
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 13 days agoMuchas Gracias me fue de mucha utilidad el codigo.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoit works! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoМакрос не работает корректно !!! Пытался подобным образом заменить символы, но не различаются маленькие и большие буквы.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoHi, I would like to replace whole cells in the entire Excel file (with many sheets). What should be replace in the Original Range to do that? Thanks.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoWhat should be replaced in the code to run it on all the Excel file's sheets?
- ← Previous
- Next →