How to hide zero value rows in pivot table?
To hide the rows which contain zero values in pivot table may be a common need that users often encountered, after hiding the zero value rows, your pivot table will look like neatly and the data also will be suppressed. But how to hide the rows which contain zero values in pivot table? Please read the following tutorial.
To hide the zero value rows from being displayed in the pivot table, please look at the following steps:
1. After creating your pivot table, in the PivotTable Field List box, drag your needed fields which you want to hide their zero values from the Choose fields to add to report box to the Report Filter box, and your dragged fields have been displayed at the top of your pivot table, see screenshot:
2. Then click the drop down arrow of the field which you want to hide its zero values, and check Select Multiple Items box, then uncheck 0, see screenshot:
3. Click OK, and all the rows with zero value have been hidden for this field, if you need to hide zero values in other fields, just repeat step2. And the zero value rows will be hidden from your selected fields.
Besides the above method, you can also use the Filter feature in pivot table to hide the zero value rows. Do as this:
1. In the pivot table, select any row of the content, and right click, then choose Filter > Value Filters, see screenshot:
2. In the Value Filter dialog, select the data field that you want to hide its zero values from the first drop down list, and choose does not equal from the second drop down list, at last enter 0 into the text box, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK to close this dialog, and the zero value rows have been hidden in your selected data field.
Note: With this method, you can only hide one column field, if you choose other filed to hide, the original hidden rows will be displayed, the relationship of them are “OR”.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!