How to update pivot table range in Excel?
In Excel, when you remove or add rows or columns in your data range, the relative pivot table does not update at the same time. Now this tutorial will tell you how to update the pivot table when rows or columns of the data table change.
Please follow the below steps to update pivot table range.
1. After you change the data range, click the relative pivot table, and click Option (in Excel 2013, click ANALYZE ) > Change Data Source. See screenshot:
2. Then in the pop-up dialog, select the new data range you need to update. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the pivot table is refreshed.
Note: Only rows are added at the bottom of original table data or columns are added at the very right, the pivot table range will update with clicking the Option (or Analyze)> Change Data Source.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!