How to change default number of sheets in Excel?
When you create a new workbook, in default, it will create the new workbook with three worksheet. However, in some cases, you just need to create a new workbook with only one sheet. Now this tutorial is talking about the way to change default number of sheets while you creating new workbook in Excel.
In order to change default number of sheets while creating a new workbook, you need to do as following steps:
In Excel 2007/2010/2013
1. Open Excel, and click Office button/File tab > Options to open Excel Options dialog. See screenshot:
2. Then in the right section, specify the sheet number you want while creating a new workbook in the Include this many sheets: text box. See screenshot:
3. Click OK to close the dialog, then when you creating a new workbook, it will open with your specify number of sheets.
In Excel 2003
1. Enable Excel, and click Tools > Options to open Options dialog. See screenshot:
2. In Options dialog, click General tab, and specify number of sheets in Sheets in new workbook text box. See screenshot:
3. Click OK to close the dialog, and while creating a new workbook, it will create only one sheet in it.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!