How to change default number of sheets in Excel?
When you create a new workbook, in default, it will create the new workbook with three worksheet. However, in some cases, you just need to create a new workbook with only one sheet. Now this tutorial is talking about the way to change default number of sheets while you creating new workbook in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In order to change default number of sheets while creating a new workbook, you need to do as following steps:
In Excel 2007/2010/2013
1. Open Excel, and click Office button/File tab > Options to open Excel Options dialog. See screenshot:
2. Then in the right section, specify the sheet number you want while creating a new workbook in the Include this many sheets: text box. See screenshot:
3. Click OK to close the dialog, then when you creating a new workbook, it will open with your specify number of sheets.
In Excel 2003
1. Enable Excel, and click Tools > Options to open Options dialog. See screenshot:
2. In Options dialog, click General tab, and specify number of sheets in Sheets in new workbook text box. See screenshot:
3. Click OK to close the dialog, and while creating a new workbook, it will create only one sheet in it.