How to change default font in Excel?
As all of us know, the default font in Excel is Calibri font, and even though we change the font or font size from the Font group under Home tab, when you go to the other cells, the font changes back to Calibri font. Now I will tell you a way to change the default font in Excel.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
For changing the default font in Excel, you need to go to Excel Option to specify the setting.
In Excel 2007/2010/2013
1. Enable Excel, and click Office button or File tab > Options. See screenshot:
2. In the popping Excel Options dialog, find the When creating new workbooks section in the right part, and now you can specify the font and font size in the Use this font box and the Font size box. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK to close the dialog, now a dialog pops up to tell you that you need to restart the Excel. See screenshot:
4. Click OK and restart the Excel, now you can see the default font showed in the Ribbon is changed.
In Excel 2003
1. Launch the Excel, and click Tools tab > Options to open Options dialog.
2. In the Options dialog, click General tab, and specify the font and font size in Standard font section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and then restart the Excel. The default font in Excel is changed.
- Change default comment format in Excel
- Change default number of sheets in Excel
- Change default view in Excel