How to quickly create a bubble chart in Excel?
In Excel, a Bubble chart is a variation of a Scatter chart and its data is pointed as bubble. And if your each series has three data as shown as below, creating a Bubble chart will be a good choice to show the data series vividly.
To create a bubble chart in Excel with its built-in function – Bubble, please follow the steps one by one.
1. Enable the sheet which you want to place the bubble chart, click Insert > Scatter (X, Y) or Bubble Chart (in Excel 2010, click Insert > Other Charts) >Bubble. See screenshot:
2. Right click the inserted blank chart, and click Select Data from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Select Data Source dialog, click Add button to add the data series.
4. Now in the Edit Series dialog, specify the following setting:
- In Series name text box, select the name cell you want;
- In Series X values text box, select the column data you want to place in X axis;
- In Series Y values text box. Select the column data you want to place in Y axis;
- In Series bubble size text box, select the column data you want to be shown as bubble.
5. if you want to add label to each bubble, right click at one bubble, and click Add Data Labels > Add Data Labels or Add Data Callouts as you need.
Then edit the labels as you need.
If you want to create a 3-D bubble chart, after creating the basic bubble chart, click Insert > Scatter (X, Y) or Bubble Chart > 3-D Bubble.
If you want to quickly even 2 steps to create a beautiful and colorful bubble chart in Excel, you can try the Bubble feature in Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Enable the sheet you want to insert a bubble chart, click Kutools > Chart > Bubble.
2. In the Create bubble chart dialog, specify the options as you need.
3. Click Ok. Now a standard and colorful bubble chart has been created.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!