How to quickly create a bubble chart in Excel?
In Excel, a Bubble chart is a variation of a Scatter chart and its data is pointed as bubble. And if your each series has three data as shown as below, creating a Bubble chart will be a good choice to show the data series vividly.
Create bubble chart by Bubble function – a basic bubble chart with bubbles in the same color
Create bubble chart by a three-party tool -two steps to create a beautiful bubble chart
Create bubble chart by Bubble function
To create a bubble chart in Excel with its built-in function – Bubble, please follow the steps one by one.
1. Enable the sheet which you want to place the bubble chart, click Insert > Scatter (X, Y) or Bubble Chart (in Excel 2010, click Insert > Other Charts) >Bubble. See screenshot:
2. Right click the inserted blank chart, and click Select Data from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Select Data Source dialog, click Add button to add the data series.
4. Now in the Edit Series dialog, specify the following setting:
- In Series name text box, select the name cell you want;
- In Series X values text box, select the column data you want to place in X axis;
- In Series Y values text box. Select the column data you want to place in Y axis;
- In Series bubble size text box, select the column data you want to be shown as bubble.
5. if you want to add label to each bubble, right click at one bubble, and click Add Data Labels > Add Data Labels or Add Data Callouts as you need.
Then edit the labels as you need.
If you want to create a 3-D bubble chart, after creating the basic bubble chart, click Insert > Scatter (X, Y) or Bubble Chart > 3-D Bubble.
Create bubble chart by a three-party tool
If you want to quickly even 2 steps to create a beautiful and colorful bubble chart in Excel, you can try the Bubble feature in Kutools for Excel.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Enable the sheet you want to insert a bubble chart, click Kutools > Chart > Bubble.
2. In the Create bubble chart dialog, specify the options as you need.
3. Click Ok. Now a standard and colorful bubble chart has been created.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!