How to quickly create a bubble chart in Excel?
In Excel, a Bubble chart is a variation of a Scatter chart and its data is pointed as bubble. And if your each series has three data as shown as below, creating a Bubble chart will be a good choice to show the data series vividly.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
Creating a Bubble chart is a little complex, please do as follow:
1. Select the data range you need, and click Insert > Other Charts (in Excel 2013, click Insert > Scatter (X, Y) or Bubble Chart), and select the Bubble chart type you like. Here I select the Bubble with a 3-D effect. See screenshot:
2. Right click the inserted chart, and click Select Data from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Select Data Source dialog, click Edit button. See screenshot:
4. Now in the Edit Series dialog, specify the following setting:
In Series name text box, select the name cell you want;
In Series X values text box, select the column data you want to place in X axis;
In Series Y values text box. Select the column data you want to place in Y axis;
In Series bubble size text box, select the column data you want to be shown as bubble.
5. Click OK to go back to Select Data Source dialog, and select the Series you do not need, here I select the C Serie, and click Remove to delete it.
6. Click OK to close dialog. And you can see the Bubble chart shown as below:
Tip: If you want to add product label for every bubble, you can do as follow:
1. Right click one bubble, and select Add Data Labels. See screenshot:
2. Then type the product name one by one in each label text box to replace the original label texts. See screenshot:
Note: When you put the cursor on one bubble, there is a tip to show the data information of the bubble.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...