How to make two y axis in chart in Excel?
If you have data range as shown as below, and you want to make two y axes in chart for more clearly viewing the data, how could you do? Here I will tell you the detail on making two y axes in a chart in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Following the below steps, you will find that making two y axes in chart is very easy.
1. Select the data range, and insert a chart first by clicking Insert and selecting a chart you need in the Chart group.
2. Right click a column in the chart, and select Format Data Series in the context menu. See screenshot:
3. Then in Format Data Series dialog, check Secondary Axis in the Plot Series On section, and click the Close button. See screenshot:
4. Then right click the red column in the chart, select Change Series Chart Type. See screenshot:
5. In Change Chart Type dialog, click Line in left pane, and select the line chart type you like. See screenshot:
6. Click OK to close dialog, and you see the chart is inserted with two y axes.
In Excel 2013, you need to change the chart type by right clicking the column, and select Change Series Chart Type to open the Change Chart Type dialog, then click All Charts tab and specify series chart type and the secondary axis in Choose the chart type and axis for your data series section, then click OK.