How to make two y axis in chart in Excel?
If you have data range as shown as below, and you want to make two y axes in chart for more clearly viewing the data, how could you do? Here I will tell you the detail on making two y axes in a chart in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Following the below steps, you will find that making two y axes in chart is very easy.
1. Select the data range, and insert a chart first by clicking Insert and selecting a chart you need in the Chart group.
2. Right click a column in the chart, and select Format Data Series in the context menu. See screenshot:
3. Then in Format Data Series dialog, check Secondary Axis in the Plot Series On section, and click the Close button. See screenshot:
4. Then right click the red column in the chart, select Change Series Chart Type. See screenshot:
5. In Change Chart Type dialog, click Line in left pane, and select the line chart type you like. See screenshot:
6. Click OK to close dialog, and you see the chart is inserted with two y axes.
In Excel 2013, you need to change the chart type by right clicking the column, and select Change Series Chart Type to open the Change Chart Type dialog, then click All Charts tab and specify series chart type and the secondary axis in Choose the chart type and axis for your data series section, then click OK.