How to group by age in pivot table?
If you have a worksheet which contains the data of some questionnaire survey, and you need to count the result based on the people’s age range to analyze the data for a report. In this case, the pivot table can give you a favor. You can create a pivot table, and then group the data by age then count them. Please read more for details of this question.
Supposing you have the following data in your worksheet, and now you need to create a pivot table as normal. Please do with following steps:
1. Create a pivot table, and then add the Age as a Row Label, and the Option as a Column Label, finally, add Name as Value, and you will get the pivot table as below screenshot:
2. Right-click any cell in the Age field and choose Group from the context menu, see screenshot:
3. Then in the appeared Grouping dialog box, enter an interval that you need to group the ages in the By text box. For this example, I will group by 10 years. (By default, the starting age and ending age will be displayed automatically, you needn’t do any changes.), see screenshot:
4. And then click OK button to close this dialog, and the data in your pivot table have been grouped by age at 10 year intervals as follows:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!