How to group by age in pivot table?
If you have a worksheet which contains the data of some questionnaire survey, and you need to count the result based on the people’s age range to analyze the data for a report. In this case, the pivot table can give you a favor. You can create a pivot table, and then group the data by age then count them. Please read more for details of this question.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing you have the following data in your worksheet, and now you need to create a pivot table as normal. Please do with following steps:
1. Create a pivot table, and then add the Age as a Row Label, and the Option as a Column Label, finally, add Name as Value, and you will get the pivot table as below screenshot:
2. Right-click any cell in the Age field and choose Group from the context menu, see screenshot:
3. Then in the appeared Grouping dialog box, enter an interval that you need to group the ages in the By text box. For this example, I will group by 10 years. (By default, the starting age and ending age will be displayed automatically, you needn’t do any changes.), see screenshot:
4. And then click OK button to close this dialog, and the data in your pivot table have been grouped by age at 10 year intervals as follows: