How to hide subtotals in pivot table?
In pivot table, when you add more than one field to the row or column labels, there will display subtotals. Have you ever tried to remove the subtotals from the pivot table?
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
To remove the subtotals in one pivot table, there is an easy way for you, please do as follows:
1. Click any cell in your pivot table, and then click Design > Subtotals > Do Not Show Subtotals, see screenshot:
2. And the subtotals within the specified pivot table have been hidden at once, see screenshots:
If there are multiple pivot tables in your current worksheet, and to hide the subtotals one by one will be tedious, so the following VBA code can help you to remove subtotals from all pivot table.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Remove subtotals in all pivot table of current worksheet
Sub RemoveSubtotals() 'Update 20140905 Dim xPt As PivotTable Dim xPf As PivotField On Error Resume Next For Each xPt In Application.ActiveSheet.PivotTables For Each xPf In xPt.PivotFields xPf.Subtotals(1) = True xPf.Subtotals(1) = False Next Next End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and the subtotals in all pivot tables of active worksheet have been removed at once.
Tip: If you want to show the subtotals again, you can click the pivot table and click Design > Show Subtotals at Bottom of Group/ Show Subtotals at Top of Group.