How to find out if exact match in Excel?
In some time, you have two columns of data as shown as below screenshot, do you know how to find out if the two adjacent cells match with each other? Now I will introduce a quick way instead of browsing them one by one in Excel.
There is a function called Exact in Excel, you can apply it to find the cells if exactly match at a glance.
1. Select a blank cell next to the data, and then click Formula > Text > EXACT. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Popped out dialog, select the cells you want to find if exactly match into Text1 and Text2 text boxes. See screenshot:
3. Click OK to apply this function. Then drag the fill handle to fill the range you need to apply this function. Now you can see the cells filled with FALSE or TRUE, FALSE indicates two cells do not exact match, but TRUE indicates two cells exactly match with each other.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!