How to convert file path to hyperlink in Excel?
Supposing you have a worksheet with a list of file paths as following screenshot shown, but these file addresses are not be opened when you click on them. Are there any quick ways for you to convert the file paths to hyperlinks so that you can click to open the addresses?
In Excel there is an easy function - Hyperlink which can help you to solve this job as soon as possible.
1. Enter this formula =hyperlink(A2)(A2 contains the file path that you want to convert) into a blank cell besides your data, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle over to the range that you want to apply this formula, and all the file paths have been converted to the clickable hyperlinks, see screenshot:
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, its Convert Hyperlinks feature also can do you a favor. Please do as follows:
1. Select the file paths range that you want to convert.
2. Click Kutools > Link Tools > Convert Hyperlinks, see screenshot:
3. In the Convert Hyperlinks dialog box, select Cell contents replace hyperlinks addresses, and click button from Result range to specify a cell to put the result.
4. And then, click OK, all the selected file paths have been converted to the clickable hyperlinks, see screenshot:
1. If you want to put the file addresses to the original range, please check Convert source range.
2. If the hyperlink is linked to current document, please check Hyperlinks is a place in this document option.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!