Learn something every day. Thank you
How to convert file path to hyperlink in Excel?
Supposing you have a worksheet with a list of file paths as following screenshot shown, but these file addresses are not be opened when you click on them. Are there any quick ways for you to convert the file paths to hyperlinks so that you can click to open the addresses?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel there is an easy function - Hyperlink which can help you to solve this job as soon as possible.
1. Enter this formula =hyperlink(A2)(A2 contains the file path that you want to convert) into a blank cell besides your data, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle over to the range that you want to apply this formula, and all the file paths have been converted to the clickable hyperlinks, see screenshot:
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, its Convert Hyperlinks feature also can do you a favor. Please do as follows:
1. Select the file paths range that you want to convert.
2. Click Kutools > Link Tools > Convert Hyperlinks, see screenshot:
3. In the Convert Hyperlinks dialog box, select Cell contents replace hyperlinks addresses, and click button from Result range to specify a cell to put the result.
4. And then, click OK, all the selected file paths have been converted to the clickable hyperlinks, see screenshot:
1. If you want to put the file addresses to the original range, please check Convert source range.
2. If the hyperlink is linked to current document, please check Hyperlinks is a place in this document option.