How to disable select multiple items in pivot table?
When we create a pivot table and set the option of filtered items, but, you don’t want others to apply the Select Multiple Items feature in the pivot table to upset the original data in your pivot table. In this article, I will talk about how to disable this option in pivot table.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To protect the pivot table selection from being changing, the following VBA code can help you to disable the Select Multiple Items feature. Please do as follows:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Disable select multiple items in pivot table
Sub DisableSelection() 'Update 20141028 Dim xPF As PivotField Set xPT = Application.ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) For Each xPF In xPT.PivotFields xPF.EnableItemSelection = False Next xPF End Sub
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, and the filter arrow buttons in the pivot table have been removed at once, see screenshots:
1. If you want to enable the Select Multiple Items again, please apply the following code:
VBA code: Enable select multiple items in pivot table:
Sub DisableSelection() 'Update 20141028 Dim xPF As PivotField Set xPT = Application.ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) For Each xPF In xPT.PivotFields xPF.EnableItemSelection = True Next xPF End Sub
2. This code is only applied to one pivot table in the active worksheet.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoE se eu quiser que na tabela dinâmica a pessoa só possa filtrar 1 item de cada vez? Quero desabilitar o "Selecionar Vários Itens" só.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agowhat if we use more than 1 pivot
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoYour enable code is same as the disable code.