How to keep/stop random numbers from changing in Excel?
As we know, when we use formulas to generate random numbers in Excel, the random numbers are always changing while we double click on a cell or do some calculations of these random numbers, which may be annoying in sometimes. Now I will tell you some easy ways to keep the random numbers from changing in Excel.
To copy and paste the random numbers as values will be a good way to stop them changing.
Select the random numbers you need, and press Ctrl + C to copy them, then go to select a cell you want to paste the random numbers, then right click to click Paste Special > Values(V). See screenshot:
Now the random numbers are pasted and will never change any more.
Also, in Excel, you can stop the automatic calculation to keep the random numbers from changing.
Open the Excel workbook you want to keep the random numbers from changing, then click Formula tab, and then click Calculation Options, then check Manual in the drop down list. See screenshot:
With this method, all the formulas in this workbook will not automatically calculate any more.
For more convenient and efficient, the Insert Random Data feature of Kutools for Excel must be the best choice. You just need to use Insert Random Data feature to randomize series, the series will be fixed once and for all.
1. Select a range you want to generate the random numbers and click Kutools > Insert > Insert Random Data.
2. In the Insert Random Data dialog, select the tab type you need, here I want to insert random integer, I click Integer tab or if you want to insert random decimal number, click Decimal tab, then type the random range I need into From and To text boxes, you can specify as you need, if you want to insert the number without duplicates, check Unique values.
3. Click Ok to apply feature and exit the dialog, now the random numbers are generated in the selected range, and keep from changing.
With Insert Random Data feature of Kutools for Excel, you can insert the random date, random string, and random custom list. Click here for more details about it.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!