How to keep/stop random numbers from changing in Excel?
As we know, when we use formulas to generate random numbers in Excel, the random numbers are always changing while we double click on a cell or do some calculations of these random numbers, which may be annoying in sometimes. Now I will tell you some easy ways to keep the random numbers from changing in Excel.
Insert Random Data （insert random integer, date, time, string or custom list in a range.）
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To copy and paste the random numbers as values will be a good way to stop them changing.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Click here to know Auto Text Click here to get free trial
Select the random numbers you need, and press Ctrl + C to copy them, then go to select a cell you want to paste the random numbers, then right click to click Paste Special > Values(V). See screenshot:
Now the random numbers are pasted and will never change any more.
Also, in Excel, you can stop the automatic calculation to keep the random numbers from changing.
Open the Excel workbook you want to keep the random numbers from changing, then click Formula tab, and then click Calculation Options, then check Manual in the drop down list. See screenshot:
With this method, all the formulas in this workbook will not automatically calculate any more.
For more convenient and efficient, the Insert Random Data feature of Kutools for Excel must be the best choice. You just need to use Insert Random Data feature to randomize series, the series will be fixed once and for all.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance working efficiency and save working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select a range you want to generate the random numbers and click Kutools > Insert Tools > Insert Random Data.
2. In the Insert Random Data dialog, select the tab type you need, here I want to insert random integer, I click Integer tab, then type the random range I need into From and To text boxes, you can specify as you need.
3. Click Ok to apply feature and exit the dialog, now the random numbers are generated in the selected range, and keep from changing.
With Insert Random Data feature of Kutools for Excel, you can insert the random date, random string, and random custom list. Click here for more details about it.
|Kutools for Excel's Remove Spaces utility can remove leading spaces, trailing spaces, excess spaces or all spaces from a range cells.|