How to select all checkboxes using a single checkbox in Excel?
Checkboxes are very useful for our Excel users, with a list of checkboxes, we can select some options on a worksheet. If there are lots of checkboxes need to be selected at once, select them one by one will be tedious and time-consuming. Here, I can introduce you to select all checkboxes using a single checkbox, that is to say, when you check this master checkbox, all of the checkboxes of current worksheet will selected immediately.
Select all checkboxes using a single checkbox with VBA code
To select all checkboxes of a worksheet by using a single master checkbox checking, please do with following steps:
1. First, you can add a checkbox, and name it as Select All, this will be your master checkbox, see screenshot:
2. Then hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: select all checkboxes using a single checkbox
'Update by Extendoffice
Dim xCheckBox As CheckBox
For Each xCheckBox In Application.ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes
If xCheckBox.Name <> Application.ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes("Check Box 1").Name Then
xCheckBox.Value = Application.ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes("Check Box 1").Value
4. And then save and close this code, go back to the worksheet, right click the Select All checkbox, and choose Assign Macro from the context menu, see screenshot:
5. In the Assign Macro dialog box, click SelectAll_Click option in the Macro name list box, and then click OK button to close this dialog, see screenshot:
6. And now, when you check the master Select All check box, all the other checkboxes of current worksheet have been checked at once.
Note: In the above code, Check Box 1 is the name of your master check box, you can view it in the Name Box by right clicking it, and change it to your need.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.