How to select all checkboxes using a single checkbox in Excel?
Checkboxes are very useful for our Excel users, with a list of checkboxes, we can select some options on a worksheet. If there are lots of checkboxes need to be selected at once, select them one by one will be tedious and time-consuming. Here, I can introduce you to select all checkboxes using a single checkbox, that is to say, when you check this master checkbox, all of the checkboxes of current worksheet will selected immediately.
To select all checkboxes of a worksheet by using a single master checkbox checking, please do with following steps:
1. First, you can add a checkbox, and name it as Select All, this will be your master checkbox, see screenshot:
2. Then hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: select all checkboxes using a single checkbox
Sub SelectAll_Click() 'Update by Extendoffice Dim xCheckBox As CheckBox For Each xCheckBox In Application.ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes If xCheckBox.Name <> Application.ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes("Check Box 1").Name Then xCheckBox.Value = Application.ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes("Check Box 1").Value End If Next End Sub
4. And then save and close this code, go back to the worksheet, right click the Select All checkbox, and choose Assign Macro from the context menu, see screenshot:
5. In the Assign Macro dialog box, click SelectAll_Click option in the Macro name list box, and then click OK button to close this dialog, see screenshot:
6. And now, when you check the master Select All check box, all the other checkboxes of current worksheet have been checked at once.
Note: In the above code, Check Box 1 is the name of your master check box, you can view it in the Name Box by right clicking it, and change it to your need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!