How to generate lottery numbers in excel?
Have you ever thought of generating lottery numbers in Excel, or make a lottery number generator in Excel by yourself? In this article, I provide three methods for you to get it done easily.
- Generate lottery numbers with Excel Functions (5 steps)
- Generate lottery numbers with VBA Macro
- Generate lottery numbers with Kutools for Excel (2 steps)
This method will walk you through applying several Excel functions to generate lottery numbers. And you can do as follows:
1. In a blank worksheet, type column headers in Range A1:C1 as below screen shot shown:
2. Enter formulas in Column A, Column B, and Column C:
(1) In Cell A2, enter the formula =RAND(), and then drag the Fill handle to the range A2:A50.
(2) In Cell B2, enter the formula =RANK($A2,$A$2:$A$50)+COUNTIF(B$1:B1,B1)-1, and then drag the Fill Handle to the Range B2:B50. (In the formula, A2 is the random number left to current cell, $A$2:$A$50 are all random numbers we got with the first formula, B$1 is the first cell in Column B, and B1 is the cell above current cell).
(3) In Range C2:C50, enter sequence numbers from 1 to 49.
Then you will get a table as left screen shot shown:
|Formula is too complicated to remember? Save the formula as an Auto Text entry for reusing with only one click in future! |
Read more… Free trial
3. Find a blank range, type sequence numbers horizontally in a row as below screen shot shown:
4. Below the first sequence number of 1, enter the formula =VLOOKUP(G1,$B$1:$C$50,2,FALSE) into it, and the drag the Fill Handle to the Range you need.
Note: In this formula, G1 is the cell with the first sequence number of 1, $B$1:$C$50 are Unique Rank column and Ball Number column, 2 means find values in the second column of Range $B$1:$C$50.
Then you will get the lottery numbers as below screen shot shown:
5. It's optional. To prevent the lottery numbers from changing automatically when current worksheet refreshes, you can click the Formula > Calculation Options > Manual.
This method will guide you to apply a VBA macro to generate lottery numbers in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module to open a new module window, and paste following VBA code into it:
VBA: Lottery Number Generator in Excel
Sub LotteyCode() Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range Dim xNumbers(49) As Integer On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Out put to (single cell):", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) Set WorkRng = WorkRng.Range("A1") For xIndex = 1 To 49 xNumbers(xIndex) = xIndex Next For xIndex = 1 To 6 xNum = 1 + Application.Round(Rnd * (49 - xIndex), 0) WorkRng.Offset(0, xIndex - 1).Value = xNumbers(xNum) xNumbers(xNum) = xNumbers(50 - xIndex) Next End Sub
3. Press the F5 key or click the Run button to run this VBA macro.
4. Now in the popping up dialog box, specify a cell to output the lottery numbers, and click the OK button.
Then you will see 6 unique lottery numbers are generated and displayed in the specified cells.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, its Insert Random Data utility can help you generate lottery numbers in Excel at once.
1. Select 6 adjacent cells, such as A1:F1, and then click the Kutools > Insert > Insert Random Data.
2. Now the Insert Random Data dialog box comes out. Go to the Integer tab, type 1 in From box, type 49 in To box, check the Unique values option, and click the OK button. Now you will see 6 unique lottery numbers are generated and displayed in the selected cells immediately.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 21 hours agoWhat is the purpose of COUNTIF(B$1:B1,B1)-1 in the formula in step B?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agocalculate the next day lottery number for kerala lottery - india
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agocalculate the next day guess for kerala lottery
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years ago: I would like to try your new programs see how the numbers predict
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI will like to win some luck number
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoPlease do easy to find ssoftware