How to transpose columns and rows when paste data in Excel?
Transposing columns and rows helps you to convert the vertical data to horizontal or vice versa. In this article, we will show you methods of transposing columns and rows when paste data in Excel.
Supposing you have a column of data as below screenshot shown. How to transpose it to a row when paste it in Excel?
You can use the Paste Special function to transpose columns and rows when paste data in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range you want to transpose when paste, and then press Ctrl + C keys simultaneously to copy the selected range.
2. Right click a blank cell you want to paste the data in, and select Paste Special > Paste Special from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, check the Transpose box, and then click the OK button.
You can see the selected column is transposed to row as below screenshot shown:
Besides the Paste Special function, the Transform Range utility of Kutools for Excel can help you easily to transpose columns and rows in Excel.
1. Select the column range, click Kutools > Range > Transform Range. See screenshot:
2. In the Transform Range dialog box, select the Range to single row option and then click the OK button.
3. When a new Transform Range dialog box pops up, select a blank cell for locating the data, and then click the OK button.See screenshot:
Then the selected column data is transposed to a row immediately.
The Transform Range utility of Kutools for Excel can not only transform column to row, but also transform row to column, single column or row to range. Click to know more details of this utility. Or 60-days free trial download now!
- How to paste all except formulas in Excel?
- How to copy a column and paste only the unique records in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!