How to transpose columns and rows when paste data in Excel?
Transposing columns and rows helps you to convert the vertical data to horizontal or vice versa. In this article, we will show you methods of transposing columns and rows when paste data in Excel.
Supposing you have a column of data as below screenshot shown. How to transpose it to a row when paste it in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can use the Paste Special function to transpose columns and rows when paste data in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range you want to transpose when paste, and then press Ctrl + C keys simultaneously to copy the selected range.
2. Right click a blank cell you want to paste the data in, and select Paste Special > Paste Special from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, check the Transpose box, and then click the OK button.
You can see the selected column is transposed to row as below screenshot shown:
Besides the Paste Special function, the Transform Range utility of Kutools for Excel can help you easily to transpose columns and rows in Excel.
1. Select the column range, click Kutools > Range > Transform Range. See screenshot:
2. In the Transform Range dialog box, select the Range to single row option and then click the OK button.
3. When a new Transform Range dialog box pops up, select a blank cell for locating the data, and then click the OK button.See screenshot:
Then the selected column data is transposed to a row immediately.
The Transform Range utility of Kutools for Excel can not only transform column to row, but also transform row to column, single column or row to range. Click to know more details of this utility. Or 60-days free trial download now!
- How to paste all except formulas in Excel?
- How to copy a column and paste only the unique records in Excel?