How to insert hyperlinks to Word Documents/files in Excel?
Hyperlink is an easy way to skip to destination cell, webpage, or open specified files in Excel. Do you have any idea about inserting a hyperlink to a Word document? And what if batch inserting multiple hyperlinks to all Word documents in a specified folder? The following methods will guide you to solve them.
- Insert hyperlink to a Word document/file with Hyperlink feature
- Insert hyperlinks to all Word documents/files in one folder
We can add a hyperlink to a Word document in Excel easily with Hyperlink feature. You can do as follows:
1. Select the cell you will add a hyperlink, and then click Insert > Hyperlink.
2. In the opening Insert Hyperlink dialog box, click the Browse for File button , in the popping Link to File dialog box find out and select the Word document you will link, and then click the OK button.
3. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, click the OK button to insert the hyperlink.
Then you will see the specified hyperlink is added to selected cell as below screen shot shown.
Sometimes, you may want to batch add multiple hyperlinks to all Word documents or files in a folder. In this case, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Filename List utility to get it done.
1. Click the Kutools Plus > Import / Export > Filename List.
2. In the popping File name List dialog box, you need to:
(1) Click the Browse button to open Browse For Folder dialog box, and then specify the folder in which you will add hyperlinks to all Word Documents.
(2) Check the Create hyperlinks option;
(3) Check the Specify option, and then type docx in the below box;
3. Click the OK button to apply the Filename List utility.
Then you will see multiple hyperlinks are batch added to all Word documents in the specified folder in a new worksheet. See below screen shot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!