How to hide rows if duplicate in Excel?
For example you have a table with some duplicate rows, and now you want to hide these duplicate rows, how do you get it done in Excel? Here I will introduce both methods to solve it easily.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
Actually, we can apply Microsoft Excel’s Advanced Filter feature to hide duplicate rows in a range easily. You can do as follows:
1. Select the range that you will hide duplicate rows, and click the Data > Advanced.
2. In the opening Advanced Filter dialog box, check the Unique records only option, and click the OK button.
Then you will see only unique rows are filtered out in the selected range as below screen shot shown:
Sometimes, you may want to hide all duplicate rows including the first one (or excluding the first one). In this case, you can try Kutools for Excel’s Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility in Excel.
Kutools for Excel - Combines more than 300 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
1. Select the range that you will hide duplicate rows, and click the Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells.
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, check the Duplicates (Except 1st one) option or All duplicates (Including 1st one) option, check the Select entire rows option, and click the Ok button. See below screen shot:
A dialog box will pops out and display how many rows have been selected. Click the OK button to close it.
3. Right click the selected row header and select the Hide from the right-clicking menu.
Then you will see all duplicate rows are hidden at once as following screen shots shown:
Select Duplicates (Except 1st one), you can get result:
Select All duplicates( Including 1st one), you can get result:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...