How to hide rows if duplicate in Excel?
For example you have a table with some duplicate rows, and now you want to hide these duplicate rows, how do you get it done in Excel? Here I will introduce both methods to solve it easily.
Actually, we can apply Microsoft Excel’s Advanced Filter feature to hide duplicate rows in a range easily. You can do as follows:
1. Select the range that you will hide duplicate rows, and click the Data > Advanced.
2. In the opening Advanced Filter dialog box, check the Unique records only option, and click the OK button.
Then you will see only unique rows are filtered out in the selected range as below screen shot shown:
Sometimes, you may want to hide all duplicate rows including the first one (or excluding the first one). In this case, you can try Kutools for Excel’s Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility in Excel.
1. Select the range that you will hide duplicate rows, and click the Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells.
2. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, check the Duplicates (Except 1st one) option or All duplicates (Including 1st one) option, check the Select entire rows option, and click the Ok button. See below screen shot:
A dialog box will pops out and display how many rows have been selected. Click the OK button to close it.
3. Right click the selected row header and select the Hide from the right-clicking menu.
Then you will see all duplicate rows are hidden at once as following screen shots shown:
Select Duplicates (Except 1st one), you can get result:
Select All duplicates( Including 1st one), you can get result:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!