How to batch convert Excel files to PDF in Excel?
As we know, Microsoft Excel’s Save As feature can save active worksheet as PDF file. But how to save the entire workbook as PDF file in Excel? And What if saving multiple Excel files as individual PDF files? In this article I will introduce several solutions in details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
We can convert an Excel file to PDF file with Save As feature in Excel. You can do as follows:
1. Open the Excel file, and click the File (or Office Button) > Save As.
2. In the Opening Save As dialog box, you need to:
(1) Select a folder to save the PDF file;
(2) Name the PDF file in the File name box;
(3) Click the Save As type box, and select PDF (*.pdf) from the drop down list;
(4) Click the Options button.
3. In the opening Options dialog box, please check the All option and Entire workbook option, and click the OK button.
4. Click the Save button in the Save As dialog box.
Till now active workbook has been saved as PDF file and saved in specified folder already.
It’s not troublesome to save one Excel file to PDF file with above method, but what if converting multiple Excel files to PDF files, says 20 workbooks, 100 workbooks, or more? This method will introduce Kutools for Excel’s File Format Convert utility to batch convert multiple Excel files to PDF files easily.
1. Click the Enterprise > Workbook > File Format Converter to open the File Format Converter dialog box.
2. In the File Format Converter dialog box, please do as follows:
(1) Select Excel workbook to PDF from the Type drop down list;
(2) Click the Add button > Folder (or File), and then select workbooks in the opening Browse For Folder dialog box and click the OK button.
(3) Click the Browse button , and then in the Browse For Folder dialog box specify the destination folder you will save PDF files into, and click the OK button.
3. Click the Ok button in the File Format Converter dialog box.
(1) The Delete Source files after conversion option will remove original workbooks after converting to PDF files.
(2) The Keep the modified date of original files option will remain original workbooks’ last modified date and time as new PDF files’ last modified date and time.