How to batch convert Excel files to PDF in Excel?
As we know, Microsoft Excel’s Save As feature can save active worksheet as PDF file. But how to save the entire workbook as PDF file in Excel? And What if saving multiple Excel files as individual PDF files? In this article I will introduce several solutions in details.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
We can convert an Excel file to PDF file with Save As feature in Excel. You can do as follows:
1. Open the Excel file, and click the File (or Office Button) > Save As.
2. In the Opening Save As dialog box, you need to:
(1) Select a folder to save the PDF file;
(2) Name the PDF file in the File name box;
(3) Click the Save As type box, and select PDF (*.pdf) from the drop down list;
(4) Click the Options button.
3. In the opening Options dialog box, please check the All option and Entire workbook option, and click the OK button.
4. Click the Save button in the Save As dialog box.
Till now active workbook has been saved as PDF file and saved in specified folder already.
It’s not troublesome to save one Excel file to PDF file with above method, but what if converting multiple Excel files to PDF files, says 20 workbooks, 100 workbooks, or more? This method will introduce Kutools for Excel’s File Format Convert utility to batch convert multiple Excel files to PDF files easily.
Kutools for Excel - Combines more than 300 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
1. Click the Enterprise > Workbook > File Format Converter to open the File Format Converter dialog box.
2. In the File Format Converter dialog box, please do as follows:
(1) Select Excel workbook to PDF from the Type drop down list;
(2) Click the Add button > Folder (or File), and then select workbooks in the opening Browse For Folder dialog box and click the OK button.
(3) Click the Browse button , and then in the Browse For Folder dialog box specify the destination folder you will save PDF files into, and click the OK button.
3. Click the Ok button in the File Format Converter dialog box.
(1) The Delete Source files after conversion option will remove original workbooks after converting to PDF files.
(2) The Keep the modified date of original files option will remain original workbooks’ last modified date and time as new PDF files’ last modified date and time.