How to repeat heading row every nth row in Excel?
Have you ever wont to repeat the heading row every nth row in Excel? For example, to repeatedly insert heading row every 4 rows as below screenshot shown. Now I introduce some tricks for you to repeat heading row every nth row in Excel.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
In Excel, you only can repeat heading row in every page when printing.
1. Firstly, you need to insert some page breaks to separate the data to several pages. Select the row which you want to insert the heading row above, then click Page Layout > Breaks > Insert Page Break. See screenshots:
And repeat this step to insert page breaks in other locations.
2. Then click at the Page Setup anchor in the Page Setup group under Page Layout tab, and then in the Page Setup dialog, click Sheet tab, and select the heading row in to Rows to repeat at top. See screenshot:
3. Click OK, then click View > Page Layout to view the heading row is repeatedly inserted in every page.
Tip: You can also click the Print Preview button in the Page Setup dialog to see the specified heading row is added in every page too.
With this method, you only can repeat heading row in every page when printing. If you want to repeat heading row in Normal view, you can use below handy tool.
With Kutools for Excel installed, you can quickly repeatedly insert the heading row to a range in a fixed interval with Insert Titles Rows utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the heading row you want to repeat, and click Kutools > Insert > Insert Titles Rows. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping dialog, select the date range you want to repeat heading row in under Insert range, and type the interval number you need in to Interval rows. See screenshot
3. Click Ok. Now you can see there is a redundant heading row in first row of the data, just select the whole row, and right click to delete lit.
Now the heading row is inserted in every 4 row. See screenshot:
Tip: With Kutools for Excel, you also can repeatedly print the heading row at top in every page.
1. After above steps, click at Enterprise > Printing > Insert Page Break Every Row. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Page Break Every Row dialog, type the interval number into the textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok. Now in every 5 row, there is a page break, and when you print the worksheet, the heading row is in the top in every page.