How to repeat heading row every nth row in Excel?
Have you ever wont to repeat the heading row every nth row in Excel? For example, to repeatedly insert heading row every 4 rows as below screenshot shown. Now I introduce some tricks for you to repeat heading row every nth row in Excel.
In Excel, you only can repeat heading row in every page when printing.
1. Firstly, you need to insert some page breaks to separate the data to several pages. Select the row which you want to insert the heading row above, then click Page Layout > Breaks > Insert Page Break. See screenshots:
And repeat this step to insert page breaks in other locations.
2. Then click at the Page Setup anchor in the Page Setup group under Page Layout tab, and then in the Page Setup dialog, click Sheet tab, and select the heading row in to Rows to repeat at top. See screenshot:
3. Click OK, then click View > Page Layout to view the heading row is repeatedly inserted in every page.
Tip: You can also click the Print Preview button in the Page Setup dialog to see the specified heading row is added in every page too.
With this method, you only can repeat heading row in every page when printing. If you want to repeat heading row in Normal view, you can use below handy tool.
With Kutools for Excel installed, you can quickly repeatedly insert the heading row to a range in a fixed interval with Insert Titles Rows utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the heading row you want to repeat, and click Kutools > Insert > Insert Titles Rows. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping dialog, select the date range you want to repeat heading row in under Insert range, and type the interval number you need in to Interval rows. See screenshot
3. Click Ok. Now you can see there is a redundant heading row in first row of the data, just select the whole row, and right click to delete lit.
Now the heading row is inserted in every 4 row. See screenshot:
Tip: With Kutools for Excel, you also can repeatedly print the heading row at top in every page.
1. After above steps, click at Kutools Plus > Printing > Insert Page Break Every Row. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Page Break Every Row dialog, type the interval number into the textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok. Now in every 5 row, there is a page break, and when you print the worksheet, the heading row is in the top in every page.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!