How to repeat heading row every nth row in Excel?
Have you ever wont to repeat the heading row every nth row in Excel? For example, to repeatedly insert heading row every 4 rows as below screenshot shown. Now I introduce some tricks for you to repeat heading row every nth row in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, you only can repeat heading row in every page when printing.
1. Firstly, you need to insert some page breaks to separate the data to several pages. Select the row which you want to insert the heading row above, then click Page Layout > Breaks > Insert Page Break. See screenshots:
And repeat this step to insert page breaks in other locations.
2. Then click at the Page Setup anchor in the Page Setup group under Page Layout tab, and then in the Page Setup dialog, click Sheet tab, and select the heading row in to Rows to repeat at top. See screenshot:
3. Click OK, then click View > Page Layout to view the heading row is repeatedly inserted in every page.
Tip: You can also click the Print Preview button in the Page Setup dialog to see the specified heading row is added in every page too.
With this method, you only can repeat heading row in every page when printing. If you want to repeat heading row in Normal view, you can use below handy tool.
With Kutools for Excel installed, you can quickly repeatedly insert the heading row to a range in a fixed interval with Insert Titles Rows utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the heading row you want to repeat, and click Kutools > Insert > Insert Titles Rows. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping dialog, select the date range you want to repeat heading row in under Insert range, and type the interval number you need in to Interval rows. See screenshot
3. Click Ok. Now you can see there is a redundant heading row in first row of the data, just select the whole row, and right click to delete lit.
Now the heading row is inserted in every 4 row. See screenshot:
Tip: With Kutools for Excel, you also can repeatedly print the heading row at top in every page.
1. After above steps, click at Enterprise > Printing > Insert Page Break Every Row. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Page Break Every Row dialog, type the interval number into the textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok. Now in every 5 row, there is a page break, and when you print the worksheet, the heading row is in the top in every page.