How to hide formula bar contents in Excel?
In some cases, you don’t want to display the cell contents such as formulas in the formula bar. In this article, we will show you two methods of hiding formula bar contents in Excel.
You can hide the formula bar contents with the Format Cells function, please do as follows.
1. Select the range with cells’ contents or formulas you want to hide in the formula bar.
2. Right click on the selection, and then click Format Cells in the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Format Cells dialog box, check the Hidden box under the Protection tab.
4. Then click Review > Protect Sheet.
5. In the popping up Protect Sheet dialog box, enter the password and click the OK button, then a Conform Password dialog box pops up, reenter your password and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the selected cells’ contents are hidden immediately in the formula bar.
With Kutools for Excel, you can easily hide formula bar contents in Excel. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Click Kutools Plus > Worksheet Design to enable the Design tab.
2. Select the cells you want to hide the contents in the formula bar, and then click Formulas Hide under Design tab. Click the OK button in the popping up dialog.
3. Click Protect Sheet under Design tab, then enter the password and confirm it into the next popping up two dialog boxes.
From now on, the selected cells’ contents (includes formulas) will not display in the formula bar until the worksheet is unprotected.
- How to display or hide zero values in cells in Microsoft Excel?
- How to hide all worksheets except/but the specified or active one in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!