How to hide formula bar contents in Excel?
In some cases, you don’t want to display the cell contents such as formulas in the formula bar. In this article, we will show you two methods of hiding formula bar contents in Excel.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
You can hide the formula bar contents with the Format Cells function, please do as follows.
1. Select the range with cells’ contents or formulas you want to hide in the formula bar.
2. Right click on the selection, and then click Format Cells in the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Format Cells dialog box, check the Hidden box under the Protection tab.
4. Then click Review > Protect Sheet.
5. In the popping up Protect Sheet dialog box, enter the password and click the OK button, then a Conform Password dialog box pops up, reenter your password and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the selected cells’ contents are hidden immediately in the formula bar.
With Kutools for Excel, you can easily hide formula bar contents in Excel. Please do as follows.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Click Enterprise > Worksheet Design to enable the Design tab. See screenshot:
2. Select the range with cells’ contents or formulas you want to hide in the formula bar, then click Formulas Hide under Design tab. Then click the OK button in the following popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box.
3. Click Protect Sheet under Design tab, then enter the password and confirm it into the next popping up two dialog boxes.
Now the selected cells’ contents (includes formulas) are not displayed in the formula bar.
- How to display or hide zero values in cells in Microsoft Excel?
- How to hide all worksheets except/but the specified or active one in Excel?