How to display or hide zero values in cells in Microsoft Excel?
Suppose you enter a zero value in a cell of Microsoft Excel, but this zero value does not appear; or you want to hide zero value in the worksheet. And so, here comes the following tricks to display or hide zero values in cells.
Display or hide zero values in a selection with Format Cells command
Quickly display or hide all zero values in active worksheet
Display or hide zero values in specified worksheet with Excel Options
Display or hide zero values in active worksheet or whole workbook with Kutools for Excel
The Format Cells command can help you hide all zero value in cells of a selection.
1. Select the range that contains the zero (0) values that you want to hide.
2. Right click the selected range, choose Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Format Cells dialog box, click Number button from the tab, and then click Custom from the Category list. In the Type box, type 0;-0;;@. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK. And all of the 0 values in the selection have been hidden. See screenshots:
- 1. Hidden 0 values will still be visible in the Formula bar, or in the cell, if you edit in the cell.
- 2. If you want to display the 0 values, only need to click General from the Category list of the Format Cells dialog box.
With the Show Zero utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly display or hide all zero values in active sheet with only a click. Please do as follows.
1. Click Kutools Plus > Worksheet Design. See screenshot:
2. Then the Design tab is displaying on the ribbon, check the Show Zero box in the View group, all zero values in current sheet are displayed, and uncheck the Show Zero box will hide all zero values in active sheet.
With the Excel Options function, you can display or hide 0 values of the specified worksheet. Do as follows:
1. Click the File tab in Excel 2010 or the newer versions, or click the button in Excel 2007.
2. Click the Options button.
3. In Excel Options dialog box, go to the Advanced category.
4. Scroll down to the Display options for this worksheet section, and click the drop down list to choose the worksheet that you need to display or hide the 0 values.
5. Check or uncheck the Show a zero in cells that have zero value option according to your needs. See screenshot:
6. And then click OK. You will get the result that you need.
Kutools for Excel's View Options utility will relieve you from the complicated steps, and help you display or hide zero values in the active worksheet or whole workbook with only a few clicks.
1. Click Kutools > Show & Hide > View Options. See screenshot:
2. In the View Options dialog box, if you want to hide all zero values in all worksheets, please uncheck the Zero values box in the Window options section, and then click the Apply to all sheets button (for hiding zero values in current worksheet, just uncheck the option and then click the OK button).
For display all zero values, check this option again. See screenshot:
- Show or hide formula bar
- Display or hide row & column headers
- Display Selection Pane
- Display or hide status bar
- Display or hide sheet tabs
- Show or hide Horizontal/Vertical scroll bar
- Show or hide gridlines
- Hide page breaks
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!