How to create new workbook with specific number of worksheets?
Normally, when you create a new workbook, it will include three worksheets in Excel 2007 / 2010 or one sheet in Excel 2013 by default. Later, you can add or delete the tabs for your need. But have you ever tried to create new workbook with specific number of worksheets every time you need?
You can use the following VBA code to create new workbook containing a specific number of tabs.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Create new workbook with specific number of worksheets
Sub MakeWorkbook() 'update Extendoffice 20150909 Dim xOldCount As Integer Dim xNewCount As Variant xOldCount = Application.SheetsInNewWorkbook xNewCount = Application.InputBox("How many sheets in the new workbook do you want?", "Kutools for Excel", , , , , , 1) If xNewCount = False Then Exit Sub If (xNewCount < 1) Or (CLng(xNewCount) > 255) Then MsgBox "The number must between 1 and 255!" Exit Sub End If With Application .SheetsInNewWorkbook = xNewCount .Workbooks.Add .SheetsInNewWorkbook = xNewCount End With End Sub
3. After pasting the code, press F5 key to run this code, and in the prompt box, please enter the number of sheets that you want within the workbook, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK button, the new workbook has been created with the specified number of sheets you need.
If you are not familiar with the VBA code, you can apply a handy tool – Kutools for Excel, with its Create Sequence Worksheets utility, you can quickly create a new workbook with default sheet names, custom sheet names and so on.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Click Enterprise > Worksheet > Create Sequence Worksheet, see screenshot:
2. In the Create Sequence Worksheets dialog box, do the following operations:
(1.) Select Blank worksheet under the Base Worksheet drop down list;
(2.) Enter the number of sheets within the new workbook under The number of Create text box;
(3.) From the Sheet names based on section, select Excel Default Name option.
3. Then click OK button, and the new workbook will be created with your specific number of worksheets.