How to save frequently used list and reuse it in future work in Excel?
Supposing you have a frequently used name list, what can you easily insert this list to any worksheet at any time without inserting them manually over and over again? Here are easy ways for you to save the frequently used list and reuse it in future work in Excel.
You can use the Edit Custom List feature to save the frequently used list for next time using. Please do as follows.
1. Select the list, and then click File > Options.
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, click Advanced in the left pane, scroll down to the General section, and then click the Edit Custom Lists button. See screenshot:
3. In the Custom Lists dialog box, click the Import button to add the list values into the Custom lists box, and then click the OK button.
4. When it returns to the Excel Options dialog box, click the OK button.
5. For using this list, just enter the first value of the list in a cell, and then drag the Fill Handle down to column to fill the list.
The Resource Library feature of Kutools for Excel can help to easily save a frequently used list as an auto text entry, and then reuse it at any time you need. Please so as follows
When first installing Kutools for Excel, the Navigation pane will be opened and located on the left side of Excel by default.
1. Shift to the Resource Library section by clicking the Resource Library button in the Navigation pane.
Save the frequently used list as an auto text:
Easily use the list in future work with several clicks:
Then the list with cell formatting will be inserted into the column immediately starting with the selected cell.
Click to know more about this feature.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!