How to save frequently used list and reuse it in future work in Excel?
Supposing you have a frequently used name list, what can you easily insert this list to any worksheet at any time without inserting them manually over and over again? Here are easy ways for you to save the frequently used list and reuse it in future work in Excel.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
You can use the Edit Custom List feature to save the frequently used list for next time using. Please do as follows.
1. Select the list, and then click File > Options.
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, click Advanced in the left pane, scroll down to the General section, and then click the Edit Custom Lists button. See screenshot:
3. In the Custom Lists dialog box, click the Import button to add the list values into the Custom lists box, and then click the OK button.
4. When it returns to the Excel Options dialog box, click the OK button.
5. For using this list, just enter the first value of the list in a cell, and then drag the Fill Handle down to column to fill the list.
After installing Kutools for Excel, you can easily save a frequently used list as auto text entry, and reuse it at any time you need. Please try the Auto Text utility of Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
When first installing and using Kutools for Excel, the Navigation pane will be opened and located on the left side of Excel by default.
1. Shift to the Auto Text section by clicking the Auto Text button in the Navigation pane. See screenshot:
Save the frequently used list as auto text:
(2) In the New AutoText dialog box, enter a name for this list in the Name box.
(3) select Ranges in the Group drop-down list (you can create a new group for this list as you need),
(4) Click the Add button.
Easily use the list in future work with several clicks:
(2) click on the created list in the Navigation pane
then the whole list will be inserted into the column immediately. And the cell formatting is also reserved in the list.
1. If you can’t see the Navigation pane on the left side of Excel, please click Kutools > Navigation to open it.
2. If you want to directly shift to the Auto Text section when opening the Navigation pane, please click Kutools > Insert > Auto Text. See screenshot:
3.If you just need to insert the data value without cell formatting, please put the cursor on the created auto text entry, clivk the drop-down arrow and then choose Insert as > Text to insert the list.
|If this utility is helpful, you can download and try the free trial now!|