How to easily edit name range and the scope in Excel?
Usually, a workbook may include multiple name ranges in it, and in sometimes you have updated the data in the workbook as below screenshot shown, and now you need to reedit the name ranges and change the range scopes, too, how can you quickly solve it in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, you can go to the Name Manager dialog to reedit and change the range scope.
1. Click Formulas > Name Manager. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Name Manager box, select the name range you want to edit from the list, and click Edit button. See screenshot:
3. Then in the Edit Name dialog, you can reedit the Name, and reselect the range scope in the Refers to section. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. And this name range has been reedit successfully. And if you want to other name ranges, just repeat above steps to edit them one by one.
And after finishing editing name ranges, please close the Name Manager dialog.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Know About Auto Text >Get Free Trial
If you have Kutools for Excel – a handy Excel add-in, you can easily edit name range and change range scope.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Click Kutools > Navigation, and click Name Manager to go to the Name Manager pane. See screenshot:
2. Then you can see all the name ranges in the right section, and you can click at the name range you want to edit, and then edit and change its scope in the button of the pane. See screenshot:
3. And after finishing the edit, click to save it. And now when you click at a name range in the pane, the relative cells are selected as screenshot shown:
With Kutools for Excel’s Navigation, and you can list all name ranges, workbooks, sheets, and find and replace value across workbooks and so on. Click here to know more.
You maybe interested in this:
Navigation pane -- Find and Replace
|Kutools for Excel's advanced Find and Replace function, can help you find and
replace a value across multiple sheets and workbooks.
- How to find named range reference in Excel?
- How to quickly select named range cells in Excel?
- How to search a value in multiple sheets or workbooks in Excel?