How to easily edit name range and the scope in Excel?
Usually, a workbook may include multiple name ranges in it, and in sometimes you have updated the data in the workbook as below screenshot shown, and now you need to reedit the name ranges and change the range scopes, too, how can you quickly solve it in Excel?
In Excel, you can go to the Name Manager dialog to reedit and change the range scope.
1. Click Formulas > Name Manager. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Name Manager box, select the name range you want to edit from the list, and click Edit button. See screenshot:
3. Then in the Edit Name dialog, you can reedit the Name, and reselect the range scope in the Refers to section. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. And this name range has been reedit successfully. And if you want to other name ranges, just repeat above steps to edit them one by one.
And after finishing editing name ranges, please close the Name Manager dialog.
If you have Kutools for Excel – a handy Excel add-in, you can easily edit name range and change range scope.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Click Kutools > Navigation, and click Name Manager to go to the Name Manager pane. See screenshot:
2. Then you can see all the name ranges in the right section, and you can click at the name range to toggle to the name range, and then go to the below section to edit the name and scrope as you need, then click to save the change. See screenshot:
With Kutools for Excel’s Navigation, and you can list all name ranges, workbooks, sheets, and find and replace value across workbooks and so on. Click here to know more.
- How to find named range reference in Excel?
- How to quickly select named range cells in Excel?
- How to search a value in multiple sheets or workbooks in Excel?