How to insert check mark symbols in Excel?
For example you want to make a questionnaire in Excel, and you need to insert some check mark symbols into it. How to quickly find out the check mark symbols and insert? You can follow below methods:
Normally, we can apply the Symbol feature to insert check mark symbols into cells easily.
1. Select the cells you will insert the check mark symbols, and click Insert > Symbol.
2. In the opening Symbol dialog box, please:
(1) Select Wingdings from the Font drop down list;
(2) Drag the vertical scroll bar down until you view the check mark symbols, and select the check mark symbol you will insert. See screenshot:
3. Click the Insert button.
Note: With the Symbol feature, you can insert multiple symbols into one cell, but can’t insert multiple symbols into multiple cells at a time.
Sometimes you may forget the group where the check mark symbols are saved in the Symbol dialog box. Do not worry! Kutools for Excel’s Auto Text utility provides you a workaround to save the check mark symbols as AutoText entries, so that you can reuse these symbols easily with only one click in any workbook.
1. Click Kutools > Insert > AutoText to activate the AutoText Pane.
2. Select one/multiple check mark symbol cells you will save as AutoText entry, and click the Add button at the top of AutoText pane.
3. In the opening New AutoText dialog box, please type a name for the new AutoText entry in the Name box, specify a group where this AutoText will be saved into from the Group drop down list, and click the Add button. See screenshot:
So far we have saved the selected check mark symbol cells as an AutoText entry. When you need to reuse it, just select the cell you will insert the check mark symbols in, and click the AutoText entry in the AutoText pane. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!