How to insert check mark symbols in Excel?
For example you want to make a questionnaire in Excel, and you need to insert some check mark symbols into it. How to quickly find out the check mark symbols and insert? You can follow below methods:
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Normally, we can apply the Symbol feature to insert check mark symbols into cells easily.
1. Select the cells you will insert the check mark symbols, and click Insert > Symbol.
2. In the opening Symbol dialog box, please:
(1) Select Wingdings from the Font drop down list;
(2) Drag the vertical scroll bar down until you view the check mark symbols, and select the check mark symbol you will insert. See screenshot:
3. Click the Insert button.
Note: With the Symbol feature, you can insert multiple symbols into one cell, but can’t insert multiple symbols into multiple cells at a time.
Sometimes you may forget the group where the check mark symbols are saved in the Symbol dialog box. Do not worry! Kutools for Excel’s Auto Text utility provides you a workaround to save the check mark symbols as AutoText entries, so that you can reuse these symbols easily with only one click in any workbook.
Kutools for Excel - Combines more than 300 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
1. Click Kutools > Insert > AutoText to activate the AutoText Pane.
2. Select one/multiple check mark symbol cells you will save as AutoText entry, and click the Add button at the top of AutoText pane.
3. In the opening New AutoText dialog box, please type a name for the new AutoText entry in the Name box, specify a group where this AutoText will be saved into from the Group drop down list, and click the Add button. See screenshot:
So far we have saved the selected check mark symbol cells as an AutoText entry. When you need to reuse it, just select the cell you will insert the check mark symbols in, and click the AutoText entry in the AutoText pane. See screenshot: