How to filter comma separated data in Excel?
In worksheet, if your cell contents are separated by commas, when you apply the Auto Filter utility, it only allows you to filter by the entire cell record as following screenshot shown. But, now, you want to filter the rows with one value within the comma separated data. This article will talk about how to filter a specific value in comma separated data.
The Auto Filter’s Custom Filter may help you to filter the specific value from the comma separated cells. For example, I want to filter the rows which column B contains the name “Tom”. Please do as follows:
1. Select the data column that you want to filter.
2. Then click Data > Filter, and an arrow button will display at the lower right corner of the first cell in the column, see screenshot:
3. Then click the arrow button, and select Text Filters > Custom Filter, see screenshot:
4. In the Custom AutoFilter dialog box, select contains from the drop down list, and enter the specific value that you want to filter out, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK button, and all the cells which contain the name “Tom” are filtered at once. See screenshot:
The Super Filter of Kutools for Excel also can help you to finish this task, with this powerful tool, you can quickly filter data by multiple criteria, filter data with case sensitive, filter data by text length, etc.…
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Free Download Kutools for Excel Now! )
1. Click Kutools Plus > Super Filter, see screenshot:
2. In the Super Filter pane, click button to select the data range that you want to filter, and then click the horizontal line to expand the criteria list box, see screenshot:
3. In the expanded criteria box, please select the column you want to filter cells based on and then select Text and Contain from the second and third criteria lists, next, enter the criteria that you want to use in the last box, see screenshot:
4. Then click Filter button, and your desired cells have been filtered out as following screenshot shown: