How to filter exact text in Excel?
Have you ever tried to exactly filter in Excel, it means to filter exact text. Normally, you can finish this job by using the Advanced Filter feature, and in this article, I will talk about some good tricks for you to filter exact text in Excel.
For example, I have the following data range, and now, I just want to filter the cells content is KTE-1. Please do as follows:
1. Create the criterion in the worksheet, and then apply the Advanced Filter utility, please enter the column header name that you want to filter and enter this formula: ="=KTE-1" (KTE-1 is the text that you want to filter exactly) below the herder cell, and press Enter key, see screenshot:
2. Then click Data > Advanced, see screenshot:
3. In the Advanced Filter dialog box, select Filter the list, in-place under the Action, and then specify the list range that you want to filter and the criteria range that you want to filter based on, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK button, the exact text that you want will be filtered as following screenshot shown:
In fact, the Auto Filter also can help you to achieve the result as you need.
1. Select the data range that you want to filter exact text.
2. Click Data > Filter to shown the arrow button.
3. And then click the arrow button at the lower right corner of the cell, and then select Text Filters > Custom Filter, see screenshot:
4. In the popped out Custom AutoFilter dialog box, choose equals from the drop down list, and enter the text criteria that you want to filter based on, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK button to filter the exact text as you need.
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Super Filter utility, you can finish some complex filter, such as filter cells with multiple criteria, filter cells case sensitive, filter cells with text length, and so on.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:( Free Download Kutools for Excel Now! )
1. Click Kutools Plus > Super Filter, see screenshot:
2. In the Super Filter pane, click button to select the data range that you want to filter, and then click the horizontal line to expand the criteria box, see screenshot:
3. After expanding the criteria box, select and enter the criteria as you need into the criteria box one by one, see screenshot:
4. Then click Filter button, the exact text that you need will be filtered out, see screenshot:
Note: With this powerful Super Filter feature, you can also filter by text length, filter text case sensitive as following screenshos shown:
|Filter by text length:||Filter text with case sensitive:|