How to remove inverted commas from cells in Excel?
Sometimes, when you import data from other applications to Excel, there are inverted commas displaying before all numbers in your spreadsheet as below screenshot shown. You can’t remove this inverted comma by the Find and Replace feature. How would you do to remove it? This article will introduce two methods for you.
You can remove inverted commas from selected cells with the Multiply feature of Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Enter a number 1 into a blank cell, then copy this cell with pressing Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Select the cells which contain the inverted commas you need to remove, and then click Home > Paste > Paste Special. See screenshot:
3. In the Pates Special dialog box, select the Multiply option in the Operation section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see all inverted commas are removed from selected cells immediately. See screenshot:
The Remove Characters utility of Kutools for Excel will help you quickly remove all inverted commas from selected cells at once.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cells with inverted commas you need to remove, then click Kutools > Text > Remove Characters.
2. In the Remove Characters dialog box, check the Custom box, enter the inverted comma into the textbox, and then click the OK button.
Then all inverted commas in selected cells are removed at once.
- How to remove text before or after a specific character in Excel?
- How to add comma at end of cell/text in Excel?
- How to add text in middle of selected cells in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)