How to remove inverted commas from cells in Excel?
Sometimes, when you import data from other applications to Excel, there are inverted commas displaying before all numbers in your spreadsheet as below screenshot shown. You can’t remove this inverted comma by the Find and Replace feature. How would you do to remove it? This article will introduce two methods for you.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
You can remove inverted commas from selected cells with the Multiply feature of Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Enter a number 1 into a blank cell, then copy this cell with pressing Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Select the cells which contain the inverted commas you need to remove, and then click Home > Paste > Paste Special. See screenshot:
3. In the Pates Special dialog box, select the Multiply option in the Operation section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see all inverted commas are removed from selected cells immediately. See screenshot:
The Remove Characters utility of Kutools for Excel will help you quickly remove all inverted commas from selected cells at once.
1. Select the cells with inverted commas you need to remove, then click Kutools > Text > Remove Characters. See screenshot:
2. In the Remove Characters dialog box, check the Custom box, enter the inverted comma into the textbox, and then click the OK button.
Then all inverted commas in selected cells are removed at once.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
- How to remove text before or after a specific character in Excel?
- How to add comma at end of cell/text in Excel?
- How to add text in middle of selected cells in Excel?