How to remove inverted commas from cells in Excel?
Sometimes, when you import data from other applications to Excel, there are inverted commas displaying before all numbers in your spreadsheet as below screenshot shown. You can’t remove this inverted comma by the Find and Replace feature. How would you do to remove it? This article will introduce two methods for you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can remove inverted commas from selected cells with the Multiply feature of Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Enter a number 1 into a blank cell, then copy this cell with pressing Ctrl + C keys simultaneously.
2. Select the cells which contain the inverted commas you need to remove, and then click Home > Paste > Paste Special. See screenshot:
3. In the Pates Special dialog box, select the Multiply option in the Operation section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see all inverted commas are removed from selected cells immediately. See screenshot:
The Remove Characters utility of Kutools for Excel will help you quickly remove all inverted commas from selected cells at once.
1. Select the cells with inverted commas you need to remove, then click Kutools > Text > Remove Characters. See screenshot:
2. In the Remove Characters dialog box, check the Custom box, enter the inverted comma into the textbox, and then click the OK button.
Then all inverted commas in selected cells are removed at once.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
- How to remove text before or after a specific character in Excel?
- How to add comma at end of cell/text in Excel?
- How to add text in middle of selected cells in Excel?