How to save custom table style/format in Excel?
For example you have customized a table style and want to apply the custom table style in other workbooks frequently. However, how to save the custom table style/format and reuse it? It seems no directly way to solve it. But this article provides two curvy methods for you:
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Let’s say you have customized the table style already. You can save the table as an Excel template for saving the custom table style/format. Please do as follows:
1. Go to the sheet that the table with custom style is in, right click the sheet name at the Sheet Tab bar, and select Move or Copy from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Move or Copy dialog box, please check the Create a copy option, choose (new book) from the To book drop down list, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
And now the sheet containing the table with custom style has been copied to a new workbook.
3. In the new workbook, click File (or Office Button) > Save As.
Note: It’s recommended to remove all content except the table with custom style in the new workbook before saving as Excel template.
4. In the opening Save As dialog box, please enter a name for the custom table style into the File name box, choose Excel Template (*.xltx) from Save as type drop down list, and click the Save button. See screenshot:
And now the table with custom style has been saved as an Excel template.
Note: you can apply the Excel template with clicking File (or Office button)> New > Personal (or My Templates) and selecting the Excel template. And then you can modify data in the table directly, or copy the table style with the Format Painter easily.
Actually, it’s not convenient to save the table with custom style as an Excel template and reuse in other workbooks. This method will introduce Kutools for Excel’s AutoText utility to save table with custom style as an AutoText entry for reusing easily.
Kutools for Excel - Combines more than 300 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
1. Click Kutools > Insert > AutoText to activate the AutoText pane.
2. Select the table with custom style, click the (Add button) in the AutoText pane. See below screenshot:
3. In the popping up New AutoText dialog box please type a name for the new AutoText entry into the Name box, choose an AutoText group from the Group drop down list, and click the Add button. See above screenshot:
And now the table with custom style has been saved as an AutoText entry. And you can reuse this table with custom style in any workbook at any time.
Note: You can reuse this table with custom style by selecting a cell in the destination sheet and clicking the AutoText entry in the AutoText pane. See screenshot:
After inserting the table with custom style into worksheet, you can change the data in the table directly, or copy the table style with the Format Painter easily.