How to clear table formatting style without losing table data in Excel?
Sometimes you may need to clear the table formatting style from a table but reserve table data in Excel. Apart from copying the table and pasting as values, this article will introduce a couple of ways to clear/delete table formatting style without losing table data in Excel.
- Clear table formatting style without losing table data by Convert to Range feature
- Clear table formatting style without losing table data by an amazing tool
Actually we can apply the Convert to Range feature to remove table formatting style from a table easily. Please do as follows:
1. Select any cell in the table you will clear table formatting from to activate the Table Tools, and then click Design > Convert to Range. See screenshot:
Note: You can also right click any cell in the table, and then click Table > Convert to Range from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the popping up Microsoft Excel dialog box, please click the Yes button.
And now you will see the table formatting style has been removed/cleared from original table. However, original table’s fill color, font color and other formatting styles are reserved. See screenshot:
If you need to remove all table formatting styles, including fill color, font color, etc. from a table, you can try Kutools for Excel’s Clear All Cells Formatting utility.
1. Select the entire table that you will remove the table formatting style from, and click Kutools > Format > Clear All Cells Formatting.
Now you will see all table formatting styles, including the fill color and font color are removed from original table as below screenshot shown:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!