How to separate dollars and cents into two columns in Excel?
For separating dollars and cents into two columns, such as split $12.34 to $12.00 and $0.34, or 12 and 34, the following methods can help you.
You can separate dollars and cents into two columns with the following formulas.
1. For separating dollars, please select a blank cell (says cell B2) beside the currency cell you will separate dollars and cells, enter formula =INT(A2) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key.
You can see the dollar was separated with the dollar sign and located in the selected cell as below screenshot shown.
2. Keep selecting the cell B2, then drag its Fill Handle to the cell until all dollars in corresponding cells are separated.
For separating cents, please use this formula =MOD(A2,1), then apply the formula to other cells with the Fill Handle.
- How to split multiline cell contents into separated rows/columns in Excel?
- How to split string by certain length in Excel?
- How to split comma separated values into rows or columns in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!