How to add trailing zeroes to column of numbers in Excel?
For adding trailing zeroes to the right of cell contents, sometimes you want to normalize the numbers so they would all be the same length, or sometimes you just need to add trailing zeroes without considering the consistent length of all specified cells. This article will help you come through these problems.
Supposing you have a list of numbers as below screenshot shown, now you want to add trailing zeroes to make all the numbers with a fixed length, such as 5 digits. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell (says cell C2) to output the result, enter the below formula into it and press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, number 5 means that the specified number cell will include 5 digits after adding trailing zeroes.
2. Select the cell C2, drag the Fill Handle down to apply the formula to other cells.
If you just want to add trailing zeroes to cells without considering the consistent length of them, the Add Text utility of Kutools for Excel can help you.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the number column you need to add trailing zeroes, then click Kutools > Text > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Add Text dialog box, enter zeroes into the Text box, and choose the After last character option in the Position section, and finally click the OK button.
Then the specified trailing zeroes are added to the selected number cells immediately.
- How to add comma at end of cell/text in Excel?
- How to add space between characters or every digits in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!