How to add trailing zeroes to column of numbers in Excel?
For adding trailing zeroes to the right of cell contents, sometimes you want to normalize the numbers so they would all be the same length, or sometimes you just need to add trailing zeroes without considering the consistent length of all specified cells. This article will help you come through these problems.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing you have a list of numbers as below screenshot shown, now you want to add trailing zeroes to make all the numbers with a fixed length, such as 5 digits. Please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell (says cell C2) beside the number cell you will add trailing zero to, enter formula =A2&REPT("0",5-LEN(A2)) into the Formula Bar and then press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, number 5 means that the specified number cell will include 5 digits after adding trailing zeroes.
2. Select the cell C2, drag the Fill Handle down to apply the formula to other cells.
If you just want to add trailing zeroes to cells without considering the consistent length of them, the Add Text utility of Kutools for Excel can help you.
1. Select the number column you need to add trailing zeroes, then click Kutools > Text > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Add Text dialog box, enter zeroes into the Text box, and choose the After last character option in the Position section, and finally click the OK button.
Then the specified trailing zeroes are added to the selected number cells immediately.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
- How to add comma at end of cell/text in Excel?
- How to add space between characters or every digits in Excel?