How to add time with hours/minutes/seconds increments in Excel?
Supposing you are a stock investor, and you need to record the price variety of a certain stock every 20 minutes, what would you do to quickly create the time list with 20 minutes increments? This article shows you several methods to solve it in details.
You can apply the following formulas to add time with hours/minutes/seconds increments in Excel.
1. Enter the start time into a blank cell (says A1), then select the following blank cells which you need to fill with increment time. Here I select A2:A15.
For adding time with 20 minutes increments:
Enter formula =A1+TIME(0,20,0) into the Formula Bar, and then press the Ctrl + Enter key simultaneously. You can see each cell time is added with 20 minutes increments and listed in selected range immediately.
For adding time with 20 seconds increments:
Please change the above formula to =A1+TIME(0,0,20), and then press the Ctrl + Enter keys at the same time. See screenshot:
For adding time with 1 hour increments:
Please change the formula to =A1+TIME(1,0,0), and then press the Ctrl + Enter keys at the same time. See screenshot:
Note: In the formula =A1+TIME(0,20,0), the first number in the bracket indicates hour, and the second number represents minute, and the last one is second. You can change them based on your time increments.
The Fill Handle can also help you to add time with hours/minutes/seconds increments in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Enter the start time and the first increment time in the first two cells, says A1 and A2. See screenshot:
2. Select cell A1 and A2, then drag the Fill Handle down until the needed increment times are filled in. See screenshot:
Kutools for Excel gathers many frequently-used formulas. And its Add hours/minutes/seconds to date formulas help you quickly adding time with hours/minutes/second increments in Excel without remembering formulas.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select a blank cell (A2) to output the result, then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper. See screenshot:
2. In the Formulas Helper dialog box, please configure as follows.
- In the Choose a formula box, select Add hours to date.
Tips: You can check the Filter box, type in the keyword to filter the certian formula as you need.
- Specify the time cell you need to add hour in the Date Time box,
- Enter the time difference between these two time zones in the Number box,
- Click the OK button.
Then you can see the new time with 1 hour increment based on cell A1 is calculated out.
3. Keep selecting the result cell (A2), drag the Fill Handle down to get the other new increment times.
You can apply the Add minutes to date or Add seconds to date formula to create time list with minutes or seconds increments in Excel. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!