How to hide checkbox when row is hidden in Excel?
Normally, when hiding a row contains checkboxes in the row cells, the checkboxes won’t be hidden with the row, but overlapped with the content of other row as the left screenshot shown. How to hide checkboxes when row is hidden in Excel? This article will help you to solve it.
You may interest in:
|Easily insert or delete multiple check boxes/option buttons in bulk in Excel|
With the Kutools for Excel's Batch Insert Check Boxes/Option Buttons or Batch Delete Check Boxes/Option Buttons utilities, you can insert or delete multiple check boxes or option buttons in bulk in your Excel worksheet. See below screenshot:
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can run the following VBA code to hide checkboxes when row is hidden in Excel.
1. Right click the sheet tab with the checkboxes you want to hide, and the click View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Hide checkbox when row is hidden
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim xChkBox As CheckBox Dim xCell As Range Dim xHide As Boolean If Target.EntireRow.AddressLocal = Application.Intersect(Target, Target.EntireRow).AddressLocal Then xHide = (MsgBox("Hide Rows ???", vbYesNo + vbQuestion, "Kutools for Excel") = vbYes) Target.EntireRow.Hidden = xHide For Each xChkBox In ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes Set xCell = xChkBox.TopLeftCell If Not Intersect(xCell, Target) Is Nothing Then xChkBox.Visible = Not xHide End If Next End If End Sub
3. Then press the Alt + Q keys at the same time to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Select the entire row with checkboxes you need to hide, then a dialog box pops up, please click the Yes button.
Then you can see all checkboxes are hidden with the row as below screenshot shown.
Note: For displaying the hidden row with checkboxes, please select the entire rows include the hidden row, and in the popping up dialog box, click the No button. Then the row with checkboxes will be displayed.
- How to hide rows based on today’s date in Excel?
- How to hide/unhide rows or columns with plus or minus sign in Excel?