How to hide checkbox when row is hidden in Excel?
Normally, when hiding a row contains checkboxes in the row cells, the checkboxes won’t be hidden with the row, but overlapped with the content of other row as the left screenshot shown. How to hide checkboxes when row is hidden in Excel? This article will help you to solve it.
You can run the following VBA code to hide checkboxes when row is hidden in Excel.
1. Right click the sheet tab with the checkboxes you want to hide, and the click View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Hide checkbox when row is hidden
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim xChkBox As CheckBox Dim xCell As Range Dim xHide As Boolean If Target.EntireRow.AddressLocal = Application.Intersect(Target, Target.EntireRow).AddressLocal Then xHide = (MsgBox("Hide Rows ???", vbYesNo + vbQuestion, "Kutools for Excel") = vbYes) Target.EntireRow.Hidden = xHide For Each xChkBox In ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes Set xCell = xChkBox.TopLeftCell If Not Intersect(xCell, Target) Is Nothing Then xChkBox.Visible = Not xHide End If Next End If End Sub
3. Then press the Alt + Q keys at the same time to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Select the entire row with checkboxes you need to hide, then a dialog box pops up, please click the Yes button.
Then you can see all checkboxes are hidden with the row as below screenshot shown.
Note: For displaying the hidden row with checkboxes, please select the entire rows include the hidden row, and in the popping up dialog box, click the No button. Then the row with checkboxes will be displayed.
- How to hide rows based on today’s date in Excel?
- How to hide/unhide rows or columns with plus or minus sign in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!