Supposing you have a fruit table in a worksheet as the below screenshot shown, and you need to hide all rows before or after current date (6/14/2016) in the table. This article provides three methods for you.
Hide rows based on today’s date with the Filter function
With the Filter function in Excel, you can easily filter out all needed rows and hide all unwanted rows based on today’s date.
1. In the table, please click the drop-down button on the Date column, and then click Date Filters > Before or After. See screenshot:
1). If there has no drop-down button existing at the top of your date column, please enable the Filter by clicking Data > Filter.
2). For hiding all rows before today’s date, please select the After option. Otherwise, choose the Before option. Here I need to hide all rows before today’s date and keep all rows after today’s date, so I select the After option.
2. In the Custom AutoFilter dialog box, click the Date Picker button next to the is after box, and then click the Today button in the calendar. And then click the OK button.
Then all rows before today’s date are hidden immediately.
Hide rows based on today’s date with VBA code
You can also apply VBA code to hide rows based on today’s date in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the following VBA code into the window.
VBA code: Hide rows based on today’s date in Excel
Private Sub Hidebtn_Click()
Dim xRg As Range
Dim xTxt As String
Dim xCell As Range
On Error Resume Next
If ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Count > 1 Then
xTxt = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.AddressLocal
xTxt = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.AddressLocal
Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select range:", "Kutools for Excel", xTxt, , , , , 8)
If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each xCell In xRg
If xCell.Value < Now Then
xCell.EntireRow.Hidden = True
3. Press the F5 key, in the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, select the date range column, and then click the OK button.
Now all rows before today’s date are hidden immediately.
1. < Now means all rows before today’s date will be hidden after running the code. For hiding all rows after today’s date, please change < Now to > Now.
2. For displaying all hidden rows, please apply the below VBA code.
VBA code: unhide all hidden rows in Excel
Private Sub Showbtn_Click()
Rows.EntireRow.Hidden = False
Hide rows based on today’s date with Kutools for Excel
1. Select the date list in your table, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells.
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select the Entire row option in the Selection type section, and select Less than or Greater than option (here I select the Less than option) in the first Specific type drop-down list, then enter today’s date into the next text box. Finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Then a dialog box pops up to tell you how many rows were selected, please click the OK button. And you can see all rows before today’s date are selected as below screenshot shown.
4. Right click on the selection, then click Hide in the right-clicking menu to hide all selected rows before today’s date.
If you want to have a free trial ( 30-day) of this utility, please click to download it, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.