- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoHi John,
I am confused on your question. How can we know if the cell is finish editing?
How to automatically move cursor to specific cell in Excel?
Sometimes, you may need to jump to specific cell for some purpose. This article will show you methods of moving cursor to specific cell in details.
The Name box can help you easily move cursor to specific cell in Excel.
1. In the Name box, enter the specific cell reference you will jump to, and then press the Enter key.
Then the cursor moves to the specified cell immediately.
Note: If you need to jump to the specified cell in another worksheet, for example jump to cell C30 of Sheet2, please type Sheet2!C30 into the Name box, and then press the Enter key.
The following VBA code helps you moving to specific cell at once in Excel.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisWorkbook in the left pane to open the ThisWorkbook (Code) window. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the window.
VBA code: Move to the beginning or start of next row for data entry
Sub jumpnext() Range("F100").Select End Sub
Note: In the code, F100 is the specified cell you will jump to. You can change it as you need.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code, then the cursor moves to cell F100 in current worksheet immediately.
- How to move entire row to another sheet based on cell value in Excel?
- How to move entire row to the bottom of active sheet based on cell value in Excel?
- How to move column/row without replacing/overwriting existing data in Excel?
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoIs it possible to move the active cell without pressing a key on the keyboard? For example, can I have the cell move down as soon as the cell above it is filled? I am looking for either a function or a VBA to run when a cell is filled. As soon as A3 has characters in it, is there a VBA to move the active cell down to A4?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoSorry I mean to type "instantly jump to F8"
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoHi James,
Please try the below code. After data has been entered into E6, press the Tab key or the Enter key, and the cursor will jump to F8 instantly.
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
'Updated by Extendoffice 2020087
Dim tabArray As Variant
Dim i As Long
tabArray = Array("E6", "F8")
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For i = LBound(tabArray) To UBound(tabArray)
If tabArray(i) = Target.Address(0, 0) Then
If i = UBound(tabArray) Then
Me.Range(tabArray(i + 1)).Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoHow would I have the cursor move from Cell E6 to F8 once data has been entered into E6? I would like the cursor to ignore all the other lines in the E column and instantly jump to E6.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThat's helpful thanks. However I would like to have a formula as the argument for the 'Range' function. Is this permissible? What I would like to do is have the user enter a number in a dialog box, then search for the first occurrence of that number in a range of cells, and then jump the cursor to that cell...
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi Steve,
Sorry can't help you with that.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI'd like to make a macro that moves from one cell to the next, step by step.